Women's basketball

I am with you 100%. Agree with this post. I was disappointed to see, but stop short of the criticality about their rights because it is a slippery slope. We are good. I would not have dared to try to explain myself (especially on this topic) if I did not respect your opinions or views from what I have come to learn on this site. Enjoy the game today.

You too HA. I think we both agree that serious debate about the topics of our times will only make us stronger as a society. Great discussion! Enjoy the game, WPS!!! :smiley:

We all have a right to our opinions in this enviably free country. I myself am a middle-aged, middle-class white guy. What I attempted to convey in my original post to the thread is this: Until you have truly attempted to put yourself in another’s shoes, and in this case the shoes of an historically and institutionally oppressed segment of our great United States, you will continually fail to see the point they are rightfully attempting to impart on those of us who do not share their experience. I do understand why many Hog fans and otherwise patriotic Americans were and are disdainful of the whole “taking a knee” phenomenon. I just happen to think that these knee-takers are making a legitimate point that we all should take to heart. Tsunami out.

It would appear that the women’s basketball team has come their senses and will no longer kneel in protest. I am pleased to see this turn around. However, instead of dialogue as suggested(cause that is just sooooooooooooooEASY) why do as I suggested and go protest at your local police/sheriff department if they are abusing people’s rights? Let me see ya’ll go down into the 'hood in LR for three or four summers of community service. HOGS YA’LL.

I don’t know how many making comments have women’s basketball season tickets. I also don’t know how many are military veterans. I am a US Army veteran of twenty years. I have stood at attention to salute flag draped caskets being loaded onto C-130 aircraft in Vietnam to be flown home to their families. I find it disrespectful and offensive to all veterans and their families and to our flag to kneel during the National Anthem. I have returned my season tickets and asked the Razorback Foundation to refund my contribution to women’s basketball. I have not asked for a refund for my tickets and contributions supporting other sports. I am also a graduate of the U. of AR. I’m very disappointed in Coach Dykes, AD Long, and the Chancellor for their failure to teach and explain to those players what the flag stands for and how veterans would be offended.

Comments-
You and others that are so offended by these young ladies protest should let it go. You have no ideal how these ladies may have been impacted