Women’s Pole Vault at US T&F Championships

Ex-Hog Sandi Morris won the event with a clearance of season best 15-11. She now heads the US women’s Pole Vault team of 3 to World Championships in Doha in September.

Unfortunately the other three Hogs, Lexi Jacobs, Tori Hoggard and Desiree Freir, all no heighted.

Thanks I was watching but missed that event. Love me some track and field.

Something to keep in mind. As a rule, collegiate athletes that participated in the recently concluded collegiate season, do not do well at this meet. A long collegiate season plus the fact that most of the top athletes are forced to do multiple events to accumulate team points, wears out their bodies by the time they get to this meet. For example, the LSU freshman sprint sensation, Sha’Carri Richardson, who had some of the fastest times in the world for the year, came dead last in 100M final and did not even make the final in 200M.

That explains the performances of Lexi, Tori and Desiree.

Sandi had foot surgery in October. I actually remember the date. I was in the same prep room as her while waiting for my back surgery. So she’s come back to form after a long rehab. Probably has not hit her peak yet. Bet she does great rest of summer.

I am rooting for her to finally get on the podium as the gold medalist in a major meet (Olympics or World Championships). She has been a perennial silver medalist to her nemesis from Greece, Katerina Stefanidi. She pulled out of the London meet with a rib injury, but looked good yesterday.