Women go to 13-0

And actually made clutch FTs down the stretch to put away Creighton at Omaha 83-75. Samara Spencer scored 26 including 5 of 7 from deep (and 1 of 4 from the line).

Hearing a Hog call in Omaha sounded familiar…

Leaving for San Diego right after the game, according to Phil. Likely to face Oregon and the Suckeyes out there. Get out of that undefeated and we might have something.

3 Likes

There was a nice size group razorback fans in the stands in the section behind the razorback bench. Both coaches are likely glad the game is over due to officiating. inconsistent calls on both sides.

1 Like

It was so frustrating watching the game, good eye/point.

Great job Ladies!!

1 Like

This may be CMN best team since he has been on the hill. They are sure fun to watch.

1 Like

I’m trying to think when we’ve had a better one, before or after Mike. The Final Four team got hot in March, but it also finished midpack in the SEC, and benefitted hugely from the first 16 over 1 upset in NCAA tournament history (Harvard over Stanford, whose best player blew out her ACL before the tournament). Then we got to the FF and Tennessee beat us by 28.

Dungee and Co. upset UConn a couple of years back, then disappeared in the first round of the Dance.

Our best teams ever were probably in the SWC era under John Sutherland. Got to the Elite Eight in 1990, where we lost to eventual NC Stanford. Sutherland is now the director of athletic development at Marshall University; runs their foundation, basically.

That 1990 team I didn’t get to watch much much I was on vacation in the sand box! I can’t remember the player that left for Ole Miss, then Goforth medically can’t play right now, but the transfers in have been huge. This years hogs rebound better than CMN’s other teams and play better defense. We will get an idea pretty soon. Once conference play starts how they stack up in the SEC. I hope they can make a run in March.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.