Wofford wins at UNC

The TarHeels mounted a furious comeback but only had 3 team fouls with :21 left and had to spend valuable time fouling 4 times in the last :20 just to get into the 1 & 1/bonus.

I’ve been labeled a ref whiner so I’ll just note without too much editorial comment that, despite beIng outplayed by Wofford, the home-standing Tar Heels lost despite having a completely coincidental 38 to 18 FTA advantage.

Unc had 3 team fouls with :21 seconds left in the game and 4 of Wofford’s 18 total FTAs came in the last :15 when UNC was forced to foul in their comeback attempt.

With :21 left, UNC had a 38-13 FTA advantage and a 25-12 foul advantage.

Also coincidentally, that was UNC’s first nonconference home loss in over 3 years.

As usual with UNC every time Wofford touched a Tarheel the whistle blew. Wofford made plays and shots to overcome it though. Very gritty, well coached, and good offensive movement and shotmaking.

The TarHeels mounted a furious comeback but only had 3 team fouls with :21 left and had to spend valuable time fouling 4 times in the last :20 just to get into the 1 & 1/bonus.

I’ve been labeled a ref whiner so I’ll just note without too much editorial comment that, despite beIng outplayed by Wofford, the home-standing Tar Heels lost despite having a completely coincidental 38 to 18 FTA advantage.

Unc had 3 team fouls with :21 seconds left in the game and 4 of Wofford’s 18 total FTAs came in the last :15 when UNC was forced to foul in their comeback attempt.

With :21 left, UNC had a 38-13 FTA advantage and a 25-12 foul advantage.

Also coincidentally, that was UNC’s first nonconference home loss in over 3 years.

Us Wofford’s are very proud tonight.
:smiley:

Ironically, as UNC was mounting a rally in the last two minutes, Joel Berry drove the lane and was called for charging. On an almost identical play at NCAAT in March, they called a blocking foul on Arkansas and swung the game towards UNC.

[quote=“AZHawg”]

Us Wofford’s are very proud tonight.
:smiley:

[/quote]

I thought it was nice to see the Tar Heels get beat. The one sided whistles cost them! Also of note the hot handed Maye had a chance with a wide open 3 to tie it late and threw up a brick. He has not shoot the ball again like he did against us. He has also been called for several walks