With Snyder stepping down at Kansas State . . .

. . . don’t forget that Bielema used to coach under Snyder.

I think it’s likely CBB stays in the NFL; and I think that’s probably a better place for him.

But it wouldn’t shock me to see him take the KSU job, if he wants to get back to a head coaching job in a Power 5 conference.

[quote=“WizardofhOgZ”]

. . . don’t forget that Bielema used to coach under Snyder.

I think it’s likely CBB stays in the NFL; and I think that’s probably a better place for him.

But it wouldn’t shock me to see him take the KSU job, if he wants to get back to a head coaching job in a Power 5 conference.

[/quote]Regardless of the discussions (both rumors and facts) and recent coaching history, the Big 12 seems like a very poor fit for a Power/Pro Style Coach. I know that Bret and Coach Snyder and have a history, but seems I have heard that Snyder was trying to ease his son into his job.

I bet they go after North Texas coach.

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

Respectfully, I disagree.

Kansas State themselves have never bought into the high-powered pass-pass-pass offensive style so prevalent in that League, and they’ve been pretty successful.

And I think that when defenses in a League are NOT used to playing a power style offense, it’s difficult for them to prepare for it the one time a year they do come up against it. Kind of like what Georgia Tech and the service academies have done with their wishbone these last several years.

I honestly really liked Bielema’s offenses - IF you can recruit the offensive line talent, those offenses work well. Heck - look at our offenses when we had Alex C. B. Allen, J Williams, H. Henry, Drew Morgan and Keon Hatcher. There was no better offense in football the last half of 2015!

Again - I think he’ll stay in the NFL. But also remember how stealth the announcement of Bielema was when he arrived at Arkansas - caught everybody by surprise. No one expected it.

No chance … his issues of the field there coupled with the train wreck he left here has resulted in him not even being on their radar screen. N Texas reportedly lead candidate.

Maybe, maybe not. I don’t claim to know who the real decision makers are considering, and I’m certain you don’t know either. But he is being mentioned in media reports of potential replacement candidates. That doesn’t necessarily mean anything; but then, neither does it mean anything that the others there are listed. Still, odds are the new coach will be one of these guys.

https://saturdayblitz.com/2018/11/30/ka … ll-snyder/

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba … ill-snyder

Nothing off-field to worry about for CBB. If there was it would have been a factor here before he was fired. Nothing but internet garbage (doesn’t mean he was a saint, just that its not an issue that will prevent him from being gainfully employed again).

Connection to Snyder is a factor.

Train wreck this year will be less an issue than most think.

He’s referring to rumors that CBB was too fond of alcohol. I have no idea if the rumors are true, but I’ve heard them from several sources.

I was actually referring to the very public DUI he had while on staff at K State. Not saying he can’t get a job again, but impacts him more at K State than some other places given it happened in Manhattan.

The K State 24/7 site has a list of ten potential candidates and he’s not on it. They could be wrong of course, but I doubt it.

Afraid not much of that $11mm will ever be offset.

Having an issue at KState would be a problem.

Yep - had a front page DUI issue there in 2003.

Littrell could be the man, reports are Jim Leavitt wants the job. Interesting, Littrell buyout 2.1 Mil, Leavitt buyout 0.00.

would make for an interesting match up between Les @ Kansas and Bret @ K State. Add a little spice to their annual rivalry game.