Wish List as of 4.7.21

Assuming 2 spots available … 3 if JD leaves:

In the order of importance …

1. Jayden Gardner
    Next year’s roster is shaping up nicely, but scoring in the post is still a question mark until we see what K. Johnson and A. Mawein (or a beefed up C. Vanover) are capable of in the SEC … if not Gardner, Christian Bishop might be a good backup plan if he doesn’t choose Kansas … Gardner should be a nice replacement for Justin Smith

2. Stanley Umude
    Another big guard / small forward type … nice complement to A. Toney and C. Moore on the wing with Devo, KK, CLykes and JD as primary ball handlers … plus 3pt % shooter with a decent handle

3. Michael Flowers (if JD leaves)
    If JD goes pro, it opens the door for another ball handler / 3pt shooter … Flowers was Sunbelt Newcomer of the Year and First Team All Sunbelt at South Alabama … averaged 21ppg with a 39% 3pt avg and 82% FT avg

Thoughts?

Wax

3 Likes

I think you’re overlooking JWill in the post, Wax. I wouldn’t mind Gardner either, as a 4.

1 Like

Umude. Get him and anything outside of him is gravy.

2 Likes

Not overlooked … he will need help from somebody else for inside scoring

Hope you are doing well, Jeff!

Wax

I am indeed, Steve. Thanks for asking!

Umude and Gardner. Seems they are priority #1 and #2 for Muss.

3 Likes

I’d take that and run.

1 Like

That would work, I would be happy with Toney Lyke Umude . But would take more.

I think those are the two they will add. That is what it looks like based on somewhat reliable chatter on the Twitter. That will be a grand finish to the 2021 class.

1 Like

That would be awesome if it happens.

I love the Baylor blueprint of rotating 4 in the post and 4 on the perimeter with all the perimeter guys effective off the bounce and in pick and roll. If both Gardner and Umude sign, Hogs look like:

Post - JWill, Gardner, KJohnson, Umude (small 4), Vanover, Mawein, Baybe

Perimeter - Devo, KK, CLykes, Toney, JD, Umude (big 3)

The competition to be in the top 8 will be fierce …

Wax

That is why there is a good probability that some of the names you listed will not be on the 2021-22 roster.

1 Like

Some more supporting documentation

2 Likes

If Stanley suddenly starts following Lykes…

What if Muss suddenly starts following Stanley?

2 Likes

That too

They’ll be a running team for sure.

Ethan and Desi gone…but I see only maybe one more transferring out…

JD might want to get started on his professional career…hope he stays

don’t see anyone other perimetr players else leaving…could be wrong though

chance moore will play decent minutes next season I think at sg 10-12 or so

really like the lineup if can add gardner and umude but that means someone else would probaly leave maybe one of the bigs

1 Like

Let’s see if you have the same opinion after you hear about the next two transfers,

1 Like

Yes, well Devo was also supposed to be the least likely of the 4 incoming 2020 freshman to make a significant contribution.

I, too, like the probably that Moore will contribute next year.

1 Like

Well I confess I don’t know who these 2 transfers might be. If they’re top 10 I might change my mind. Still feel like Chance will get solid minutes next season.

1 Like