Williams’ run fueled my memory of lost loved one

“You guys wonder the reason why he’s kind of playing differently, that’s why.”

Late last year, Jaylin Williams lost his grandmother, Cora, a woman who considered herself his No. 1 fan. The story of how he honored her, and a run fueled by her memory:

8 Likes

that kinda hits you in the feels.

1 Like

Really nice story Scottie. A tear may have rolled down my face.

3 Likes

I appreciate y’all reading. Always grateful for athletes and family members being willing to share.

3 Likes

Wonderful article, thanks, Scottie. Keep smiling, Jaylin, it is obvious you know you are blessed from the love you received from your grandmother.

1 Like

That’s Awesome! I’m sure she’s still his #1 fan and is very very proud of him!!

2 Likes

It always nice to hear a story where a player opens up and shows they have some salt! J Williams is a great young man. We need more like him not only on sports but every walk of life.

2 Likes

Well said, armyhog.

Thank you!

Thanks for sharing this Scottie.
Blessed from above is Jaylin.
So are we.

1 Like

This story reminded me of my own Grandma. She bought 2 season tickets in the upper level of The Bud so she could watch my cousin (brother), Ryan and I manage during the inaugural season. She bought us really nice suits at Dillard’s, and my dad would always have her there 2 hours before the game, so she could have her hot dog and wait for her 2 grandsons to come up and see her. She never missed a game that season, and she sadly died later that summer, but she got to see the best Razorback Basketball team ever, in person. I wouldn’t trade those memories for anything. She was my #1 fan, and I miss her dearly every day. Good on JWill for playing for his Grandma.

4 Likes

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing.

(We can debate another time the “best Razorback basketball team ever”. Certainly the 93-94 team was the most accomplished, but the 90-91 and 82-83 teams were better, IMO).

1 Like

Wonderful, heartfelt memories are the dearest ones. These helps mold who we become and who we are when they are no longer with us.

1 Like

Great story, Scottie.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.