Will we be better next year?

We all know we need a large talent infusion and this class appears to be very good.

Some older guys will be moving on this season.

Seems next year will mostly be a youth movement, - albeit a very promising one with a good deal of increased talent.

We need a new QB.

We need upgrade at WR.

New Safety, will help tremendously.

We should be better, but I doubt much better.

Better but not what you want. 2020 or 2021.

Schedule sets up for a fast start provided we are improved.

Should be a 6-6 type season.

We are probably 2 years away from remotely satisfying all the coaches & experts on this board.
Can’t expect a big infusion of raw freshmen or even redshirt freshmen to quickly turn this around.

doesnt matter if our offensive line is garbage

Agree - a top notch QB for this system (hint hint) would help accelerate things a little bit.

I can think of graduation for a couple on defense improving what we’ve watched for 3 years! Want too is what we need. Along with talent.

New talent coming in sure can’t do anything but help but realistically probably be year 3 before we can connect all the dots

Can the coaching staff realize before the snap that we’re lined up on offense illegally?

Coaches upstairs can see it a lot easier than on the sideline, but communicating that downstairs in time to get a time out called is not so easy. That one’s on the players. They gotta get lined up right.

On offense we need a qb, wide receivers and a line. 3 out of 4 areas we lack. Defense. Lol. I guess next year we’ll play 6 defensive ends, 2 linebackers and 3 defensive backs. We need it all on defense. Plus we lose the fg kicker. If we get Bryant we’ll be a bit better but defense will still stink. It’s gonna take 3 years at least before we have a sniff at a winning record. That’s if they can coach them. Not convinced about that right now.

It would be hard to worse.

I think they will be better next year and then even better the following year.

It may be coachspeak a lot about culture, but I do think it is a deal here now.

next yr schedule will be much tougher due to harder Road games.

next yr schedule will be much tougher due to harder Road games.

It took.Dabo six years in the ACC. We’re talking SEC here. Patience.

Disagree - it will be easier because the more manageable games will be at home. Let’s face it - doesn’t matter where they play Bama. I’d much rather play M State here and Bama there than vice versa.

Non conference schedule SHOULD be very manageable provided we are improved.

Also, MSU and Ole Miss will behit very hard by graduation and early departures.

true. we will see,hopefully we can improve and have a shot.

I would certainly hope we would be better next season, all we will need to do is win 3 games for crying out loud!
I’m having a hard time with the fact that we haven’t been able to get hardly any 4 star O-Linemen to commit with this big of a recruiting class, loosing out on in-state kids like Wilkins (Oklahoma) and Thomas (Ole Miss) really hurts this class on the O-Line. Also, have a big need in upgraded LB’s and haven’t landed many in this class either.
Obliviously, QB play has to be upgraded whether we are able to land Kelly Bryant or not we can’t go into next season relying on Ty Story to lead this team with his limited skill set and physical abilities, he has heart, but that’s not enough.
As for the Agims, Pulleys and Scotta Harris’ if they believe they will be hot players after this season headed into the NFL draft I think they are mistaken. Those three all need to return if they want to improve their stock at the NFL draft.
Agim, has not lived up to his star rating thus far in my opinion as a game changer type of defensive line stud.
The Hogs need upgrades in so many areas that it will honestly take 2 or 3 top 20 recruiting classes for fans to see real success translate to game day wins.
However, I do expect them to have more wins next season, but not a whole lot more for a couple of years from now if we are able to continue to do better in recruiting each year.

Go Hogs!

I would certainly hope we would be better next season, all we will need to do is win 3 games for crying out loud!
I’m having a hard time with the fact that we haven’t been able to get hardly any 4 star O-Linemen to commit with this big of a recruiting class, loosing out on in-state kids like Wilkins (Oklahoma) and Thomas (Ole Miss) really hurts this class on the O-Line. Also, have a big need in upgraded LB’s and haven’t landed many in this class either.
Obliviously, QB play has to be upgraded whether we are able to land Kelly Bryant or not we can’t go into next season relying on Ty Story to lead this team with his limited skill set and physical abilities, he has heart, but that’s not enough.
As for the Agims, Pulleys and Scotta Harris’ if they believe they will be hot players after this season headed into the NFL draft I think they are mistaken. Those three all need to return if they want to improve their stock at the NFL draft.
Agim, has not lived up to his star rating thus far in my opinion as a game changer type of defensive line stud.
The Hogs need upgrades in so many areas that it will honestly take 2 or 3 top 20 recruiting classes for fans to see real success translate to game day wins.
However, I do expect them to have more wins next season, but not a whole lot more for a couple of years from now if we are able to continue to do better in recruiting each year.

Go Hogs!