Will spring game in LR hurt recruiting?

Are rules the same for spring game as regular season?

We normally have a lot of recruits at spring game and usually get a commitments.

Will check. If they do, they obviously won’t get a tour of the campus of facilities.

what are the perceived advantages for moving the spring game to little rock?

because of ongoing construction to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium

NO, Arkansas will still be able to bring unofficial visitors to the game. IN fact it will easier for recruits from all over the state to reach the game.

The football camps which mostly will be on campus, are great recruiting tools, the bread and butter of football recruiting. At the football camps. the coaches can recruit at will.

thanks!

The disadvantage is that you lose the approximately 10,000 fans who will be in Fayetteville for the Auburn game. I know that some will be coming from central Arkansas.

I think their hand was forced by a combination of (a) the schedule for the spring game the SEC gave them (coordinating telecasts of all 14 with ESPN, SEC network, etc), and the status of the construction in DWRRS.

From a recruiting perspective, I think you off-set any “disadvantage” with some other “junior days” and the like (such as they have scheduled for Feb 24th). So, I think we’ll be fine there.

I am disappointed that it is scheduled opposite the Auburn baseball game, as I pointed out in the early posts here yesterday about the announced time for the game. I believe it will end up costing both events some spectators, as there are clearly many who would have attended both events if scheduling allowed. I’m sure some will jump in their cars as soon as the football game is over and drive to Fayetteville to catch most of the baseball game. But not all that would have otherwise come will do that.

It is what it is - and a one time deal, at that.

It will be interesting to see what creative recruiting springs forth.