Will miss him when he is gone....

But Gafford was bad today. No other way to look at it.

This is how it will be when he is gone.

DG would be first to criticize his play today.

Gafford has won many games for us.

He was not on today and seemed out of shape.

Hopefully just an off day.

Our lack of motion and lack of aggressive offense down the stretch aided our implosion.

There are times we stand around on offense with no movement and half hearted screens like my 10 year old YMCA team.

Daniel will be mad at himself I’m sure and come back next game strong.

But coaches have to get more out of half court offense via motion or something. Watching those last offensive sets last few minutes was painful.

We aren’t going to beat any decent team without Gafford playing. Taking him out with 2 fouls in the first half is not the right move, in my view. If he gets 3 fine…sit him. He only played 4-5 minutes that first half. He was not in the game in more ways than one. He didn’t foul out, so not playing him those 15-16 minutes in the first half is just not what is needed. It pisses a player off to have to sit like that for the whole half when you only have 2 fouls, plus he never gets into a good flow for the game.

Daniel will need to learn to play with 3-4 fouls…we simply don’t have the talent to let him sit while role players like Gabe and Bailey take his minutes.

Sometimes you, as a coach, need to switch gears. We kept trapping and they keep getting open shots. Why not, just hunker down and play tough man to man in the half court…at least sometimes?

We are a one trick pony.

We aren’t going to beat any decent team without Gafford playing. Taking him out with 2 fouls in the first half is not the right move, in my view. If he gets 3 fine…sit him. He only played 4-5 minutes that first half. He was not in the game in more ways than one. He didn’t foul out, so not playing him those 15-16 minutes in the first half is just not what is needed. It pisses a player off to have to sit like that for the whole half when you only have 2 fouls, plus he never gets into a good flow for the game.

Daniel will need to learn to play with 3-4 fouls…we simply don’t have the talent to let him sit while role players like Gabe and Bailey take his minutes.

Sometimes you, as a coach, need to switch gears. We kept trapping and they keep getting open shots. Why not, just hunker down and play tough man to man in the half court…at least sometimes?

We are a one trick pony.

How can Gafford be out of shape this time of year and play only a few minutes in the first half?

Because he played 15-16 minutes in the last half. And probably 10 minutes without a rest in the 2nd half.

Gafford wasn’t as much to blame for this loss as Harris. Any time your worst shooter and best assist man shoots 16 times (made 5 for 10 points) and has 2 assists and 5 TOs, you can bet you will lose that game. Yeah, he led the team with 17 points, but it took him 16 shots to get there. That was 7 more shots than Jones had and 5 more than Joe had.

We went on our run when Gafford was on the bench and have done so several times this year.

We had an 11 point lead in the first half when he went out. They actually made their big run to put us away when he was in the game. I love some Dan Gafford, but he was horrible tonight, worst game I ever seen him play, he looked out shape and tired the whole game, wasn’t getting much lift, was missing passes, and just committing sloppy unnecessary fouls, on top of that Silva was just having his way with him.

Never thought I’d say this, but CMA should have went with Bailey and Gabe to close the game, both were really good on defense tonight. Dan was actually a liability tonight us still trying to play inside out with him and slowing the game down rather than us just running up and down and out scoring South Carolina which we were easily doing when Gafford was out.

Why do we not guard the 3 point line and trap all the time? That got us beat. Wide open catch and shoot jumper after jumper. A decent shooter, much less a good shooter, will hit those wide open shots. We don’t ever change up our strategy when the other team is putting it on us. Why not play a solid man to man and stay on your man? That is basic fundamental defensive basketball. We scramble and take risks constantly, but sometimes it doesn’t work and you need a Plan B.

Maybe Gafford had the same bug Isiah had. I am not kidding. Those things are usually passed around…and coaches don’t like to announce a kid has something until its gone. Makes him a target. But Gafford indeed looked gassed the whole game. I was at the game. Gafford was looking whipped during all timeouts. I’ll bet he indeed has a bug. You don’t just suddenly lose your fitness…unless you’re sick.

That’s not accurate. I’m too tired to tell you why.

Good, go take a nap…