Wichita State ranked in top 25

How absurd. A Mid major that has beaten no one! They may not even win that sorry conference! Put them in the SEC and they would not finish 500. That what we have for sports writers whom vote and write the sporting news. All of those players that made them relevant are gone. What have they done to be ranked.

To start with the Shockers are 25-4 overall and 15-1 in league play.

If Arkansas had won 10 in a row and 16 of 17, they would be in the top 25, too.

By the way, Cedar Ridge’s Austin Reeves is averaging 4.8 points per game and averaging 13 minutes per game

He has hit 27 of 50 3-pointers, 37-of 78 field goals and 24-of-32 free throws

To start with the Shockers are 25-4 overall and 15-1 in league play.

If Arkansas had won 10 in a row and 16 of 17, they would be in the top 25, too.

By the way, Cedar Ridge’s Austin Reeves is averaging 4.8 points per game and averaging 13 minutes per game

He has hit 27 of 50 3-pointers, 37-of 78 field goals and 24-of-32 free throws

While not the nicest guy in the world by any means, Gregg Marshall can coach his butt off.

I gotta agree with Army Hog, Witchita State only has 2 wins in the top 100. And one of those wins is Colorado State who is number 97. They have 11 wins in the RPI 200+. The media was talking about Arkansas possibly not making the tournament because they hadn’t beat anybody before South Carolina. Witchita State is ranked and their resume is the definition of a team that hasn’t beat anybody. Very possible they could end the season with only 1 top 100 RPI win.

Put the shockers in any power 5 conference and not only would they be sub 500 but Greg Marshall would have a seat on fire. I liked the team he had 2 years ago last year he had a couple of left overs but nothing close to what he had. Greg Marshall is full of himself. A smaller version of grease ball at Kentucky !

Oh

If Arkansas had that soft serve and cupcakes schedule we would have won more than 10 in a row. But there is absolutely no need to argue about rankings in ferbruary. The proof will be in the pudding, I’m confident the hog’s schedule has been better preparation for March than most recognize.

You are correct about the proof in the pudding. I was not arguing though. Just making a point.

A little surprised at the level of hostility toward WSU and Greg Marshall. Marshall has a reputation of being coarse and demanding. He’s not a “nice guy” coach like Roy Williams or Bill Self or, for that matter, Mike Anderson. But I don’t think he’s a sleaze ball either. His teams play terrific defense. They are physical, which leads opponents to call them dirty. His teams are consistent and they play hard. I’m not convinced they’d finish sub .500 in the SEC. I think they’re clearly better than six teams in the SEC and on par with three others. That puts them in the middle of the pack fighting for a spot on the bubble, which is, by the way, where they’d be if they weren’t winning their conference.

I stand by my point that if the roles were changed, Arkansas would be in the top 25.

I don’t care who you are playing - and it’s not full of cupcakes although there are some there - winning 10 in a row and 16 of 17 is excellent.

Especially if they lost the talent he did.

I don’t like Marshall from being around him, but I do respect the heck out of him

I appreciate your opinion Dudley. I do respect you but have no use for Greg Marshall. And I do consider him a grease ball.

That’s fine, but he is a heck of a coach.

Didn’t want to come here, turned down Alabama and some others and looks to be waiting for that Kentucky job if he could get it

If Cal leaves Ky the first call will be to Billy Donovan I would think, but I’m sure Marshall would be on the list. WPS

Really?
Are you sure we would have won more than 10 in a row with a “soft serve and cupcake” schedule?
The team that lost to Missouri and was embarrassed by Vandy?
I realize what you are saying, as we are playing pretty well right now; but the team was awful enough to lose to anyone during that awful funk we were in.
And it is those games that have put us in what is still a somewhat precarious position as far as postseason. We cannot afford any more slip ups.

If they had won 10 in a row that would includes wins over Missouri and Vanderbilt.

Not sure what the disconnect is there and further validates my point that Wichita State has not slipped up

When the shockers beat somebody I will acknowledge them.