Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall on Louisville

Coach Marshall started out by discussing how Louisville’s cheating may have cost him and his team a shot at the 2013 National Championship (Louisville eliminated the Shockers in a tight game at the Final Four).

http://amp.kansas.com/sports/college/wi … 99791.html

But then, he went on to describe his approach to recruiting and coaching in today’s “One and done”/AAU/Agent environment. I’d like to think Coach Anderson would second these thoughts, were he given the chance.

[color=#0000FF]Marshall is encouraged by the effort to clean up recruiting in college basketball.

“I’d like to see the playing field evened and hopefully this is what we’re trying do,” Marshall said. “Hopefully we’re establishing that the things that have been going on at certain places are no longer acceptable. We’re not going to turn a blind eye and continue to let it negatively affect the state of college basketball.”

Marshall has read about the lengths other coaches have gone to entice blue-chip prospects to come to their program.

He has a difficult time imagining a player like that working out for the Shockers. He doesn’t know how to operate like that and he points out that WSU has attained all of its success without a single five-star recruit.

“I don’t have to recruit and deal with a lot of stuff you have read about now on the national level,” Marshall said. “I get to find the undervalued guys, the diamonds in the rough, so to speak. We generally don’t recruit the five-star guy, not to say I wouldn’t take a five-star guy. But I’m not going to get involved in the world that we’ve read about and heard about recently.

“We call it coaching with integrity and we’re going to continue to do that. We’re going to keep coaching them hard. We’re going to tell them what to do, they’re not going to tell us what to do. In the end, they get better. They develop in our program and have a chance to play professionally.”[/color]

Greg Marshall is not May favorite coach out there. He is a little full of himself. He did state the obvious and I sure hope the FBI gets these schools that have been paying players. If they don’t the NCAA won’t do anything at all