Why do we wait..

To get into our offense?

we have no clue what we are doing that’s why its embarrasing dribble dribble dribble .its incredbile same crap against NC last yr

My voice is almost gone from yelling about that at the TV during our last 4 or 5 possessions. I don’t mind being “deliberate”, if there is not a fast break opportunity. However, waiting until there are 6 or 7 seconds left to try to get a shot off rarely works well (thank GOD for Barford’s Dillard-esque 3 pointer that probably won the game for us!). Usually, we end up with either (1) a turnover/shot clock violation; (2) a very difficult shot by Beard, Barford or Macon (often, blocked); or (3) a rushed shot from one of our poor shooters (Bailey, Cook, Thompson).

I just wish we’d be a bit more aggressive. Do we simply forget that being aggressive is HOW we got the lead in the first place?

:?

Yet they still manage to lead the league in
Scoring.

It’s simply about winning
Not about looking good doing it

[quote=“WizardofhOgZ”]

My voice is almost gone from yelling about that at the TV during our last 4 or 5 possessions. I don’t mind being “deliberate”, if there is not a fast break opportunity. However, waiting until there are 6 or 7 seconds left to try to get a shot off rarely works well (thank GOD for Barford’s Dillard-esque 3 pointer that probably won the game for us!). Usually, we end up with either (1) a turnover/shot clock violation; (2) a very difficult shot by Beard, Barford or Macon (often, blocked); or (3) a rushed shot from one of our poor shooters (Bailey, Cook, Kingsley).

I just wish we’d be a bit more aggressive. Do we simply forget that being aggressive is HOW we got the lead in the first place?

:?

[/quote]Kingsley?

Dudley you’re full of great points today!

The dribbling into oblivion and floor spacing drive me nuts.

LOL . . . that’s funny.

Guess the old brain was more tired than I thought when I typed that. Was thinking “Thompson” and never noticed the mistake until I looked at your post a few minutes ago.

:lol:

Never ceases to amaze me how some people will always find the negative in something.

I thought the team played really well last night. There was obviously some nervousness that is to be understood, but we lead the game the entire way and guys made plays, including some of our younger guys. In this type of tournament setting that’s all you can ask for, survive and advance.

If you guys ever think you’re going to watch a perfect basketball game, you can’t stop watching now, every game from here on out is going to be nail biter and come down to the last few possessions. That’s why they call it March Madness. Did you guys not watch the other SEC games earlier that day? Did anyone seriously think South Carolina, who’s coached by Frank Martin, and a team that has guys with final 4 experience was going to just lay down and let us beat them up? They played hard and kept themselves in the game and we took their best hit and still won.

Well, miracles do happen apparently… I agree with you!

This is hilarious. We play as fast as anyone in the conference and aside from auburn put up more FG a game than any other team. Last night we met a really good defensive team, so it’s hard to run what we want. That’s what good teams do. you can same the same thing about all the blue bloods when they play Virginia. I think UNC had 40 points against them this year. Why so long to get their offense going. I mean that’s the team that had their way with us last year. WHY WHY WHY can’t their HOF coach get them moving faster…

Posting in the middle of a close game is typically not good. I was frustrated by a couple of possessions where Anton dribbled out front until the shot clock was about to run out. My bad.