Why didn't we challenge LSU that first half?

We had two weeks to prepare for LSU. That offensive game plan and play calling could only be described as inept. We you are 2-7 and 0-5 in the SEC, what do you have to lose by going right at LSU and being aggressive? We came out timid and just looked like we were trying to run out the clock the whole first half. We threw these little short, scared passed in the flat and to the sideline all half when we did throw it. Why not go right at them with the passes down the middle of the field?

What would have happened if we had used the same scheme the first half that we did the second half. Maybe, and I realize it is a huge maybe, we get up on LSU by the half, and LSU in the second half has a turnover or two and we squeak out a win. You certainly aren’t going to beat LSU with the game plan we came up with that first half. Runnng scared is the term that comes to mind. Surely, they have enough confidence in Ty Storey to let him play.

I am just disappointed we didn’t really challenge LSU that first half. The second half…we looked so much better attacking the middle of the field. We gave the Bayou Bengals a good challenge in the last half, but by then…it was too late.

Our defense played pretty well, I thought. We have a solid defensive line and a couple of good linebackers. If we could ever put some points on the board early, we might win a game.