Why are we not trying to go uptempo

we are supposedly going to play as fast as anybody and we haven’t ran for than a few plays uptempo.I don’t know what the reason is but we trained for it and aren’t using it.we might just get somebody to line up wrong if we did,this offense needs all the help it can get

Hard to go uptempo when you can’t get first downs and need to rest the defense.

This exactly. It was noted in a couple of NFL games yesterday. Uptempo teams can be forced to slow down.

Arkansas has enough problems with execution. Probably need to get other things right first.

If you going to rest your defense then why has he always ran uptempo,don’t think that’s it all,probably doesn’t feel QB and Wrs are all on the same page.

It’s all the above.

A lot of fast 3-and-outs will kill your defense and get you blown out. Until the offense can execute more consistently, I don’t think you’ll see them going as fast as CCM wants.

We’ve seen a lot of misreads between the quarterbacks and receivers. It’s getting better (especially since Story became the starter). Not there yet.

you’re correct in saying 3 and outs will burn your d out.
I guess what I am saying is that if we could play faster we may get their D tired or get out of position but I think it boils down to he doesn’t trust the QB and Wrs to be on the same page.

They will…next year.

why do you think so Dudley? we will be breaking in a whole lot of new WR’s and I am thinking Noland or Storey will be QB.I would love to see it

Because they are marginal at best at QB, have no Oline at all, and very little at WR. Otherwise, they are poor on O. The D is fair and is all they have

Because they are marginal at best at QB, have no Oline at all, and very little at WR. Otherwise, they are poor on O. The D is fair and is all they have

I think the time to go up tempo is generally when you think there is a mismatch. That happens most after a third down conversion. You have their nickel on the field and want to lock them on the field by not subbing. Unfortunately the Hogs are last in SEC in third down conversions at 29 percent.

Because of the influx of talent and speed coming in next year at WR, another year in the system and because that is what they want to do.