Why am I not hearing more Norvell talk

I hear Morris and Strong behind the Gus talk. Where is the Norvell talk? My impression was he was always number 2 on the list.

There have been rumors on social media that there could be something the firm has found out about Norvell after the vetting. I am not sure what that actually means but maybe there is something in his background. But again just rumors.

Hope those rumors are false, if there is something there looks like we are down to Morris, Veneables or Kiffin in no particular order, just please no Charlie Strong.

I think Norvell is falling off.

It’s really hard to hire a guy who only has 2 years of experience.

Especially at such a critical time.

Not so fast!

i think there is something to them
however
i have heard he has been great in Memphis

i believe him to be next arkansas coach if/when Gus says no

strong is not an option

I believe he is lying in the weeds waiting to be our coach after Gus shafts us. I think he will be our coach. Just my hunch. Not based upon any inside info.

[quote=“Itman123”]
I think Norvell is falling off.

It’s really hard to hire a guy who only has 2 years of experience.

Especially at such a critical time.[/quote

Worked out pretty well last time they did it some 50 plus years ago

I think Norvell is our coach regardless of the results of the game tmrw

CFB was a great coach and coached against some of the best in his time. I have no doubt that he would have been good in today’s SEC. But I’m not so sure even he would say he would have been ready for it when he only had 2 years experience.

Norvell has been my pick from the beginning. We shall see I guess.

Coach Frank Broyles was hired after one season as a head coach and was about the same age as Mike Norvell. Maybe Norvell could possibly be the second coming of Broyles. We’ll never know unless he gets the chance. If Malzahn turns us down I hope Norvell gets the job.

The reason that a head coach needs actual (head coaching) experience is not to show wins and losses, but to actually manage a program. There is always learning on the job. Barnhill got it. He wanted JFB to have that experience. It worked.

Nope - only 1 and 6-4 I think.