who would be the biggest freak on the squad

Jalen Hurd made this year top 50 pick. Him, I know and how hard he works and how cut he stays. Ryan Carrethers wrestled with my nephew at Brentwood Academy and made the list deservedly. No current Hogs listed which is probably a product of former training focus. Crazy freakish times and lifts noted:

https://theathletic.com/424574/2018/07/ … eaks-list/

" 1. Rashan Gary, Michigan, DL
The No. 1 overall prospect in the 2016 recruiting class hasn’t disappointed. He made first-team All-Big Ten as a sophomore in 2017 after producing 66 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, six sacks and seven quarterback hurries.

The 6-foot-5 Gary is at the same weight he was at this time last year — 287 pounds — and his 40-yard dash time is the same at 4.57 seconds. His 3-cone drill at 6.79 was a touch behind last year’s 6.70, although his time this year still would beat every defensive lineman at this year’s NFL scouting combine. His 4.22 pro agility shuttle time also would top every D-lineman at the combine. Next best was 4.32. Another really impressive feat: his 10-4 broad jump, which was 8 inches better than what he did a year ago.

1. Ed Oliver, Houston, DT
    Quite possibly the best player in the country comes from the American Athletic Conference. Oliver is relentless, notching 39.5 TFLs in 25 career games with the Cougars. No D-lineman plays harder, and in addition to that world-class motor, Oliver has a ton of high-octane horsepower. At 6-3, 290, the 20-year-old vertical jumps 36 inches (3.5 inches better than any defensive tackle at this year’s NFL combine) and broad jumps 10-1. He power cleans 385, squats 650 and benches 405. His quickness is that of a man 80 pounds lighter, as evidenced by this video.

First SEC kid listed is an Auburn CB whom Ohio State essentially cut

1. Jamel Dean, Auburn, CB
    Ohio State had declared Dean medically ineligible in the spring of 2015 after he suffered multiple knee surgeries in high school. He transferred to Auburn, where the Tigers now have a super-fast corner with almost linebacker size who made 43 tackles in 2017 and made the SEC Academic Honor Roll.

This offseason, measuring in at 6-1, 215, Dean ran an electronically timed 4.3 40-yard dash. He also vertical jumped 38 inches and broad jumped 10-8. As fast as Dean is, he won’t be the fastest Tiger on the team. Auburn probably will have the fastest football player in the country in freshman wideout Anthony Schwartz, who finished second (10.22) in the 100 meters at the IAAF World U20 Championships this week in Tampere, Finland. The 6-0, 180-pounder from Fort Lauderdale has been clocked at 10.02 in the 100 and hopes to make the 2020 U.S. Olympic team.

I would take Agim on defense and O’Grady on offense.

I also think Randy Ramsey, De’Jon Harris and Dorian Gerald are candidates.

I still feel like we should have Devin White who came in 20th:

1. Devin White, LSU, LB
    The 20-year-old blossomed into a tackling machine last year for the Tigers, making 133 stops. A 240-pound converted running back, White bench pressed 405 pounds this offseason, cleaned 341 and squatted 637 to go with a 34-inch vertical jump. Another freak on the LSU defense is former Texas Tech D-lineman Breiden Fehoko, a 505-pound bencher who also vertical jumped 32 inches this offseason.

Speed kills, so I think I am going to like the new training approach. We have gone from the JFB days lamenting the AL pounding in the Sugar Bowl by his bigger guys vs our quicker runt types. More fun to watch the runts, but tough to handle getting pancaked. How Feldman gets his data is hard to fathom. Not much open comparison except for events like the Opening.

Hey the dude wanted to go play RB at LSU instead of LB here.

He is - of course - playing LB and even though they promised him he could be a RB.

Still the only kid that I have ever interviewed on a hover board, which he brought along on his visit and was standing on after the visit while I was talking to him. I was just hoping it wouldn’t catch fire while I was doing so.

I would describe Hjlate Froholdt as a freakishly good athlete.