Who will watch softball against Texas who has not before?

I wonder if playing Texas has increased the interest in Arkansas fans for the softball super regional?

If you have not been watching, will you this weekend?

2 Likes

I would be watching anyway, and I’ve been following softball for a while now. But yeah, playing Texas makes it a little more spicy.

It’s also occurred to me that after 43 years of knocking on the door at Omaha, it would be ironic if our first natty on the diamond is won in OKC.

6 Likes

Playing Texas peaks my interest. I’ll watch for sure when I’m not at grandsons baseball and basketball games. I’ve watched just a bit all season.

3 Likes

I would have followed it and watched some, but texass adds something. As they say, it means more.

I enjoy watching the ladies play. their passion for the game is so special to watch.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking same thing

Would likely have to go through OU early on, though
If seeding holds, we would play them second game in OKC

3 Likes

Yep, we’d have to go through them early. But you’re gonna have to go through them at some point to get to the goal anyway. Kinda like when we beat #1 Florida early in Omaha in 2018. The Clips are much more dominant than the Gators were, but they’re not invincible.

1 Like

I started watching softball 3 or 4 years ago and and my excitement for the game has grown as the team has gotten better obviously. I will be watching

3 Likes

Not to mention that they have unique tastes in hats/head gear that they wear in the dugout.:chipmunk:

3 Likes

I will be watching. POUND them, again and again.

2 Likes

I hope to be there but if not, I’ll definitely watch… they are fun to watch but Texass does make it more interesting for sure

1 Like

I had the same thoughts after the depletion of the baseball expectations on Saturday. I have watched and followed the softball team team all sesason including the slow start. The confidence with class is fun to watch, particularly with such a diversity of talent. Side by side, a comparision heavily favors the softball team this year, and while earlier expectations were high for both, softball has a great shot at taking it all in OKC.

First, there is the matter of games this week againist a good Texas squad. I wish I had the ability to witness the series in person. WPS!!!

I’ve been following the softball team regularly for the past 2 seasons. Watch many of the games (often split the screen on my TB with baseball when they’re playing at the same time). I attended the regional this week and it was a blast, despite the 2.5 hour rain delay on Saturday. Have berm tix for this weekend and will make it Thursday night. However the grands are coming for a visit for the weekend, so the tix for Friday will go to a deserving Hog fan…

I’ll be watching from home. I’ve watched a few games this year, so this will not be a first.

I’ve seen a few innings of softball. Don’t follow it like I do baseball, but I’m very proud of our ladies & hope they win it all. I’ll probably “watch at” the game with Texas–looking in on it now & then to see how we’re doing. If I turn it on & it’s close in the 6th inning, I’ll watch the end. Playing Texas probably makes me slightly more interested, but not much. Regardless, I want to beat Texas.

The last 2 seasons have certainly perked more of my interest and i would love to watch a thumping of Texas. But sadly I will be just starting a long trip home at same time the game starts. So only after the 1st leg (5+ hrs) of 3 flights I will have to see we won upon landing in Amsterdam. Over a cold beer.

WPS-LADIES!!!

2 Likes

I started watching them in last season’s regional. This season, I’ve watched them from the Florida series through the regional. I’ll watch each game in the Super. And, in the college world series. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’m all hog no matter what the sport. Playing Texas add some fire for sure and I’ll be tuned in. There’s nothing that does the heart more good than beating Texas!

2 Likes

Season ticket holder, I’ll be in L4 again.

4 Likes

Been watching em’ and following the ladies since the beginning of the season (last year as well) and for sure will be watching and my daughter will be too who is 9 and started playing softball a month ago!!! We are all in for this weekend, especially since it is the Shorthorns!!!

2 Likes

To further add….I suspect and would be shocked if they didn’t break the attendance record from last weekend. It needs to be LOUD and ROWDY there!!!

2 Likes