Who’s the Next transfer out?

Just heard on radio that there’s expected to be another transfer out. Who is it?

Gut tells me it’s Chaney… but I hope not.

Maybe it’s just a rumor.

Ali.

[quote=“Hardiboy”]

Just heard on radio that there’s expected to be another transfer out. Who is it?

Gut tells me it’s Chaney… but I hope not.

Maybe it’s just a rumor.

[/quote]Not sure why your gut tells you that. I do not have a clue who will, but if a player does not feel they can commit to the new direction, I am not sure it is all bad for everyone concerned to have a split. Also not sure I would listen to my gut, don’t want indigestion forming my opinion.

Well the way Muss is offering schollies to all those 4 & 5 star kids for next year most of the team would need to transfer to sign them all. Then there’s the grad transfers to consider.

I’m thinking all of these high profile offers are more about getting the fan base excited than actually having a chance with landing them. As for the 2019 class, unless it’s a highly rated prospect, the grad transfer route would be the best route. That way, slots will be available for the 2020 class. Another option is he’a giving the entire roster of returnees a one year tryout and will then encourage players to leave (or stay) based on their 2019-20 on court performance.

All the rumors are Chaney is the one keeping the guys together. My guess is it a guard

It’s not Chaney. Unless something drastic has happened.

My money is on Gabe, Ibby, and possibly Adrio. Not sure I see a fit for those guys.

Good… I really think he’s can become a good player.

A Small guard would be the choice where I’d see someone “wondering about their role”. With so many just entering Jr or Sophomore seasons… the nature of kids now is that they won’t “wait until their opportunity comes”.

Don’t see a fit for Gabe? Watch last year and then watch Nevada last year. Gabe maybe the one player that benefits the most from this system.

Edit: Not saying Gabe won’t be the one that transfers, but this system actually fits him.

I’ve also thought that Gabe may benefit the most from the coaching change. Muss won’t let him bomb away 3 pointers, which will help.

And Gabe plays HARD, very active, I think he and Muss will get along well. If Gabe plays good D, rebounds, takes controlled shots, then he will be a very nice role player for us next season.

GHG

I completely disagree. Watch Nevada, they had two guys over 6’8 (Gabe’s height) that shot 14% and 26% from three. He encourages his guys to shoot the three to spread the court. Gabe will be encouraged to keep shooting threes, what I hope is Muss helps him become more accurate.

Gabe, like most players shoots much better if he settles for only taking the open three where he doesn’t have to move or shoot over anyone. Shot selection could improve and help out quite a bit on overall team three point shooting percentage.

Shooting less than one three pointer per game is not exactly bombing away from the three point line. I am willing to bet if Gabe plays as many minutes next year, he will average more than one three pointer per game.

Helping that average will be that Gabe’s shot will be much improved next year as a result of off-season work. From all accounts he made threes in practice and that s why Mike let him shoot. Next year as a natural progression, practice should be carried over to the games.

I believe most of Gabe’s threes were unguarded last year. He shot one three pointer per game as an average. He would have gotten much more heat if the only three pointer he shot in the game was in your face three.

By the way, Muss had Zouzoua on his team last year that shot as many threes as Gabe and made less in only 6 minutes per game.

I believe Muss offense will be more like what we had a year before when Mike did not use Gafford as a post up 5. I maintain using Gafford as a true 5 was a big mistake last year. It really hurt our offense.

I

I should’ve expanded a bit. I’m aware of Muss’ roster at Nevada. Yes Gabe is 6’7” and is about the size of the guys he usually seeks. It is his current skill set that I said I wasn’t sure was a good fit. Muss is going after small forwards that are triple threat guys. They are dangerous from 3 and must be respected by the D. They can also create and slash and shoot free throws very well. That’s a trend he is recruiting.
Yes, I admire Gabe’s D, his “spark”off the bench , and ability to take charges but his game does NOT match the trend even though his height/weight does.
That said…doesn’t mean he can’t be coached up some. I’m just thinking he might be better off elsewhere. Time will tell.

quote=bakedhog19741 post_id=200523 time=1556632936 user_id=873]

Don’t see a fit for Gabe? Watch last year and then watch Nevada last year. Gabe maybe the one player that benefits the most from this system.

Edit: Not saying Gabe won’t be the one that transfers, but this system actually fits him.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay? I’m gonna be rude for a second, did you actually watch any of our games in which Gabe played last year? Because everything you just said Muss looked for is exactly what Gabe tried to do. Shoot three’s (something that happened at Nevada where two players his size 6’8+, not 6’7, shot similar 14% & 26% vs 20%). Catch at the FT line or further out, find a lane and attack the rim (Gabe does that quite a bit, he had issues finishing). And you are incorrect on what he is going after vs Gabe, Gabe is a Forward (in Muss system, he’d be a post guy, that is allowed to be beyond the 3 pt line), the guys he is after in that 6’6-6’8 range right now are guards. He plays exactly the way Muss wants his “bigs” to play. Again, watch Gabe and watch Nevada, you’ll see a perfect opportunity for Gabe.

Now, having said that, I’m not sure Gabe is looking at it that way. Again, rumors, but his name seems to be the hot one right now.

It was my biggest concern going into the season. Big mistake. As for this season, people better get there preconceived notion about what basketball is, because this guy ain’t it. They will be ‘jacking’ it up a lot. Everyone.
This inside out nonsense is over. 3, 3, 3, drive, drive drive this is the offense.

Okay? I’m gonna be rude for a second, did you actually watch any of our games in which Gabe played last year? Because everything you just said Muss looked for is exactly what Gabe tried to do. Shoot three’s (something that happened at Nevada where two players his size 6’8+, not 6’7, shot similar 14% & 26% vs 20%). Catch at the FT line or further out, find a lane and attack the rim (Gabe does that quite a bit, he had issues finishing). And you are incorrect on what he is going after vs Gabe, Gabe is a Forward (in Muss system, he’d be a post guy, that is allowed to be beyond the 3 pt line), the guys he is after in that 6’6-6’8 range right now are guards. He plays exactly the way Muss wants his “bigs” to play. Again, watch Gabe and watch Nevada, you’ll see a perfect opportunity for Gabe.

Now, having said that, I’m not sure Gabe is looking at it that way. Again, rumors, but his name seems to be the hot one right now.

[/quote]

It’s clear that you disagree with me but it really feels like you didn’t comprehend my words.

Yes, I watched every single game and saw Gabe forcing ill-advises threes at key moments and missing. The guys Muss is after are significantly better outside shooters. They are also significantly better at creating their own shot IMO.

Yes I’ve watched a lot of Nevada videos. The 3 guys I mentioned seem to fall more under the unpolished athlete or project category rather than fundamentally sound basketball players. Again, If anyone can coach that up to par it’s Muss, but I’m not so sure that is realistic. I personally feel like Gabe would be better off somewhere else. That’s it. Nothing personal against the kid at all.