Who is Cade Fortin could someone give us some info?

USF starting quarterback 3* recruit. Will have two years to play looks pretty good on tape

Cade Fortin, USF, Quarterback (247sports.com)

USF football: Bulls QB Cade Fortin enters NCAA transfer portal (247sports.com)

Appears to be a QB at South Florida out of Georgia.

He’s a midterm walkon

1 Like

Nice looking QB… Seems accurate, good footwork, not a fan of the 3/4 arm slot that can get you blocked with the big linemen of the SEC but that seems to be the rage these days. The over the top slot seems a thing of the past. Still I realize I watched a highlight video and they are never going to put anything in there that show any issues. So my question is why did he choose to transfer for a second time? I think he was NC, then USF, and now us?

1 Like

Here’s where I get confused. Is there a difference between a “preferred” walkon and a walkon?
Anyone who knows…no guesses please. Thx.

He’s basically a PWO.

PWO are usually for HS kids. PWO guys are part of the 105 squad for fall practice. Other walkons wait until fall classes start before joining the team.

1 Like

Thanks.

I can tell you why he left UNC: Sam Howell. Once Mack signed Howell, playing time was gonna get scarce (he started two games as a true freshman in 2018 before Howell arrived).

Played in five games at USF this season, including going 12-18-1 for 91 yards against Florida, and throwing a TD pass against Tulane. Timmy McClain was their main QB last year, hitting 55% of passes for 1888 yards and 5 TDs (they finished 2-10). Sitting on the bench for a 2-10 team would be enough to get me looking elsewhere too.

Interestingly I have two kids that attended North Gwinnett HS in Suwanee, Ga., where Cade is from and where my wife lived for over a decade and taught school.

One graduated there, one came here and became the third to graduate from Fayetteville High.

1 Like

This kid probably did leave Carolina on account of Howell. To me, he will be a serviceable scout team QB if not more. We don’t know if Renfro will be available in the fall and Fortin will get decent exposure this spring.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.