who are the people on the board of trustees?

all the talk of the board of trustees and how they fall into the AD/Head Football Coach searches got me wondering.who makes up the board and…
1)how many are there?
2)when do their terms expire?(i believe each one is appointed by the Governor for at least 10 years
3)what prior coaching/ad searches have any of them been involved in?
4)is there a power struggle among them that has or will adversely affect the athletic department and its functioning?
and finally…5)…are decisions made by simple majority…or 2/3 or 3/4 votes?

i do remember that former governor and senator David Pryor is a member but can’t recall any others.any info will be appreciated.

https://www.uasys.edu/leadership/board-of-trustees/

Go to the site just above. Answers most of your questions.

There are 10 trustees appointed to 10-year terms by the governor. One falls off each year and is replaced by someone new. There must be two trustees representing each quadrant of the state at all times.

Most are business or civic leaders so they have been involved in high-profile searches in some fashion. They represent the entire UA system, not just the Fayetteville campus. Not all care about sports, but most of the ones who do not care still understand the importance of athletics to the campus as a whole, such as student recruitment, finances, etc. That said, they are tasked with looking out for the best interests of the university, the system and the state, and do not always bow down to what an athletics department might believe is best. David Pryor and C.C. Gibson voting against the stadium renovation last year was an example.

When they do vote, it comes with a recommendation from the university president. I believe a simple majority vote is needed to pass a measure.

I don’t know any of the current BOT members except David Pryor, but only him about as well as anyone in Ark might.

However, Matt brings up a point that has bothered me for a while, but one I don’t think there’s anything we can do much about. The BOT represents the entire system. Until 1971 or so, the entire system was in Fayetteville, in LR at the med school, and the extension services scattered across the state. It took much longer than that for BOT members to get appointed who weren’t grads of the UAF campus. (I’m sure some were not UA alums, but those were few & far between.) Now we have members who have greater connections to UALR than to UAF. I hope we never get to a point where the other campuses collectively outnumber people from the main campus, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen or get close. Fortunately, the flagship campus is far & away the big one. UAM & UAPB are pretty small. UALR’s enrollment is a bit larger than half that of Fayetteville, but those ratios change.

https://www.uasys.edu/leadership/board-of-trustees/