When will Wally Hall get over Gus Malzahn?

He mentioned him in his article today as a reason why Hog fans are upset with the team. GET OVER IT WALLY!!! I wouldn’t subscribe to the paper for years because of Wally Hall and he is now AGAIN bringing up this crap.

I need to add that the main reason I finally subscribed to the paper again, after YEARS of not doing so because of Wally, is I love Richard Davenport’s articles. He is a classy guy and does an outstanding job.

I don’t get the beef, it’s like changing the channel or don’t watch the tv show. WH is easily Id’d by his headline.

So don’t click on the link.

[quote="Wehm55"] He mentioned him in his article today as a reason why Hog fans are upset with the team. GET OVER IT WALLY!!!!! I wouldn't subscribe to the paper for years because of Wally Hall and he is now AGAIN bringing up this crap. [/quote]

That little guy loves some Gus.

From what I can see, about 95% of Arkansas media people have a hands off approach when it comes to Gus.

He was in the middle of controversies in the high school ranks, at UA, and at ASU, yet it never gets reported.

I’m talking about the PAPER, not on line version. The article was “Time to get over Missouri, focus on bowl”.

One can be interested in a particular column, especially if the headline grabs attention, read it, and then consider it a waste of time or a dumb column. I read the column because “getting over Missouri” was something I’m interested in. It’s something I think the fanbase needs to do. I think we should try to focus on the bowl. But I, too, thought the introduction of Gus into it was both superfluous & silly. It corroborates what many of us believe–that Wally has a man-crush on Gus.

Yes, it did.

I don’t write anything now about him unless it is game week with Arkansas because he is not the coach here.

Wally writes an opinion column.

So it’s his opinion and people can like it, hate it, read it or not read it.

I’ve done all 4 at times.

I do believe he is right that there was an extra added bitterness to the loss for some fans because of it being Coach Malzahn

I didn’t read the article, but there is no doubt the 56-3 beatdown/record amount of rushing yards given up to Gus’s team is indeed one of the reasons so many are down about this season…and the coach.

It was the most embarrassing performance I’ve witnessed in my 37 years of closely following the Razorbacks.

Fans need to get over Gus. He is a special coach. Period.

I am almost always pulling against him, but it doesn’t consume me. It would consume me if I lied to myself about what a special coach he is. I would always be looking for something to confirm my self imposed lie. Guys lies are hard to confirm.

Fortunately life is easier when you only have to confirm the truth.

Years ago, I just gave into the fact that Gus was going to be a force, wherever he coached. I resigned myself to th fact that as he won, it would be like pouring salt in an open wound for Arkansas fans.

Gus is who he is- a really good coach that the national media sometimes obsesses over. Gus is going to win, often win big, for as long as he coaches. His name will appear in the ADG and be discussed on Gameday as long as he coaches. It will bring up memories we don’t like in Hog nation. I think it is our fans, more than the media who need to let it go–not for Gus’ benefit but for our own happiness.

I think Wally understands how little he is appreciated on most Razorback sports boards. At least the ones I’ve read, anyway. I also think he knows the Gus-button is one he can push, anytime he wishes, to raise the ire of all these fans. And he will do it until something better comes along for him.

Doubt anybody would be talking about his column today if he hadn’t dropped the Gus Bus into it

Wally wrote " most don’t want to admit that it is a little extra salt in the wound that Auburn is coached by Arkansas native Gus Malzahn, but it is a fact."
    Not true Wally. Who coached Auburn had nothing to do with it. Our pain came from our team’s incompetent embarrassing performance. The above quote was unnecessary. I became more interested on the man with the analyses on teams with hardest schedules, particularly AR. Would you write more detailed information on that analysis.

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]
    Wally writes an opinion column.

So it’s his opinion and people can like it, hate it, read it or not read it.

I’ve done all 4 at times.

I do believe he is right that there was an extra added bitterness to the loss for some fans because of it being Coach Malzahn

[/quote]

I can attest to that.

I agree that this is one of the most frustrating things about Gus (and would add he had issues at Tulsa, too). He–via his worshippers in particular–acts holier than thou.

But he has butted heads with people everywhere he has been and has stepped on and over people all the way up the ladder.

I get it. Most major HCs–if not all–have had to do that.

The difference is most of them don’t act like they are the second coming.

Nonsense. Football fans know what they know about Gus because of the attention paid to him by the media. Some good; some bad. I am not a fan of his, and I don’t think he’s a great college head coach. He is a good coach, just not great. At least, not yet.

I said “Arkansas Media” not National media. He has had plenty of criticism in Alabama.

The Arkansas media, as a whole, acted like they were scared to death of him and his worshippers.

No doubt

Gus is full of himself. I don’t like him. When he left he took his players with him. Disloyal and he was never a razorback even when he coached here. He auditioned for his next job. When he has a couple more years not winning the SEC west he will be packing again. I don’t like him at all. Glad he isn’t here. Can’t stand arrogant people like him! Put him in a foxhole with you and you better watch your own back he will leave you high and dry