When I was hired: Sam Pittman

As Arkansas’ search team closed in on Athens last year to interview him, Sam Pittman was 19th in line and facing a 59-minute wait to get his hair cut.

“I was thinking, ‘Man, I’m going to be late for the most important interview I’ve ever had.’”

Here is a lot more from the day Pittman was hired by the Razorbacks.

3 Likes

Great article Matt. Super job.

1 Like

I talked with Steve a few weeks ago about the search, definitely one to hear, lol.

1 Like

Excellent article Matt! Sam is certainly one of us. Loved every word of this piece. We’re due a home run hire. Past due. I’ll bet he will get it done.

1 Like

Run the dam ball napkins! hmmm then hires Briles as OC. I see a lot of both in the coming years “running and passing”

WPS!!!

It was good work by Matt to get the detail from Fagg and Pittman. Very cool stuff.

I have not met Coach Pittman, but I like him. He has a special quality about him.

Great article. I’m sure Clay is smiling. Good writing is
a joy to read. Arkansas is blessed mightly with Sam Pittman being our football coach.

have really enjoyed the series and a look into how we got our coaches.any chance the rest of the head coaches(both women and men)will be featured?thanks in advance…

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.