What's your usual

time to call it a night. Midnight to one here.

1 Like

Not sleeping until the next batch of good recruiting news you alluded to breaks!

LOL. Better go to bed. Like I said, most won’t see it being as big as the Jacobs news.

That said, I really like the kid.

1 Like

930-1000. But I have sleep apnea so it’s not unusual for me to wake back up around 12:30 to 1 and watch TV and check in here to see if anything went on.

I wake up at all hours during the night. I know it’s not wise but I get on my phone and look at Twitter & Facebook or the news and try to read myself back to sleep.

I had one of my very rare great nights of sleep on Wednesday night. Slept the entire night. I felt so good Thursday.

1 Like

Exactly my routine everynight! I can’t even begin to tell you the last time I slept all the way through the night. Usually take a couple power naps during the day when I’m not working,which I am not doing now that I am recovering from rotator cuff surgery.

I need 7 hours of sleep as a rule. I’m 76 and try to stay as active as possible. Recently we decided to start living back in the woods at the cabin on Stockton lake. The heat source is wood only. Cutting and splitting wood puts me to bed at an early hour.

1 Like

I should add no matter how tired I am games like the LSU game the other night are sleep killers for me. Maybe I can settle down after a couple of hours after those games. I have a feeling Wednesday’s and Saturday’s are going to be tough on my sleep till March.

1 Like

When I was younger I usually went to bed around 11:30 and slept all night. For the last three or so years, I go to bed around ten or ten thirty and usually sleep for four hours or so then toss and turn the rest of the night. I think that is normal for most folks when they get to 80 or so.

The 10 years we lived in Houston ruined me - my 1 hr. commute (each way) to work downtown coupled with infant twins dictated a get up of 4am and go to bed of 11-11:30pm each day. I still rarely get more than 5-6 hrs. of decent sleep before I’m awake…

My bedtime is 11:30 typically. I’m up a couple of times to take care of my old man calling…

Usually between 11 - 11:30… haven’t slept more than 4 hours straight in many years. Usually I can go back to sleep eventually but it can take a while. According to my Fitbit I’m averaging about 6 to 7 hours sleep a night. Not sure it knows exactly when I’m back to sleep :slight_smile:

Since my retirement job of driving a school bus, I usually go to bed between 8-9,
4:30 comes awfully early.
I drive 6 routes and 2 shuttles for BAPS.

what is this regular hours of sleep that you speak of??

Anywhere from 11 to 2. I worked nights for several years so it kind of ruined my sleep pattern. Only in the last year or so has my circadian rhythm gotten back to close to normal. Thankfully, I’ve never had problems getting enough sleep when I did go to bed.

Average is probably 11. But no matter what time I go to bed I usually stay awake from 30 minutes to an hour.

Its not uncommon for me to go to bed as late as midnight, but I try not to stay up that late. Alarm goes off at 6:00.

10-10:30 is almost every night. before I had this job, it was MN-2am. not sure if I’ve changed as I’ve aged or if this job has molded me.

GHG

Yeah, not sure if I trust my Fitbit, lol. I have the old prostate issues, so I get up about 3 times a night. I fall back to sleep fairly easily after the first two, if it’s 5AM or after on #3, I might as well get up. I do my 6-7 miles at 6:45-7 start anyway, so I’m up by 5:30 most days, anyway.

Seldom before 12…sleep with a c-pap and in a recliner. Usually pee a couple of times, but probably average 8 hrs of good sleep. I am retired and will be 70 this year.

Thanks, this 67 year old is feeling young and fortunate after hearing the nightly rituals of some of the above!