What's your prediction for the remaining games?

We have seven games remaining: @ LSU, @ SC, O Miss, TA&M, @ AU, @ FL, and GA. The NCAA formula was 12-6 conference and 23-8 over all, if we had continued winning those we suppose to and lose to two top teams on the road FL & SC. Our plane got shot over MO, and we are lucky to land in AR in one piece. My prediction is that AR loses all road games and wins two of the three home games at the best. That is 19-12 overall, 8-10 SEC; no NCAA, no NIT. I am sorry that I have lost so much confidence in this team. What is your assessment?

Your prediction sounds about what I predicted after the OKL. St. debacle. I was generous enough to have them at .500 for conference play. Very little interest now from most of the fans.

Is it ok to change from predictions made earlier in season? :wink: nm I’ll stick with it one more game before math forces me to change my mind. 24 wins wps

Big blow out win at LSU on the road will stop the bleeding and we regain some confidence hopefully. Can’t look any further than the game today, we continue to control our own destiny at this time. I’m anxious to see who starts,what D we play and the energy we start the game with today,drastic circumstances require drastic measures. The selection committee favors teams that are trending up and that’s the first issue we have to address with a decisive win today! WPS

I am concerned about LSU. They have a ten game losing streak–a streak that has to break sometime. However, they are better than that. And, like the last two games, Arkansas will be favored but both Missouri and Vanderbilt were determined to win and played their best.

Likely, that is how LSU will be–determined to break that losing streak and play their best game of the season.

That’s a legit concern + they are having a tribute to their 1991 team, which featured Shaq, so they’ll have a big crowd and some celebrities in the building, so you know they will be pumped to play a good game. I actually can’t believe LSU is this bad. I would have never picked them to be tied for last place in conference. They have a McDonald All-American + some quality 4 star guys on their roster. Key for us is to not even give the crowd a chance to be involved. LSU is known for letting teams get big leads early and trying to comeback. If we can grab the lead early and hold on to it, I like our chances a lot better then.

Ummmm…LSU? I’ve seen another team do that a lot this year

LSU takes it to another level. We’ll see what they do today.

With 6 games left I would not be surprised for them go 0 - 6 or. 6-0. They play based on attitude and their just not predictable.
My hope is for 5-1.
No thoughts on post season too unlikly
I’ve already started thinking about next year in basketball!
Maybe the incoming freshmen can play defense because what we have now is a team that plays when they feel like it! This team lacks leadership on the floor

We have 7 games left. 6-1 would be great, but 5-2 wouldn’t be a killer.

I’d even take a 4-3, with 2 wins in SEC tournament. Bubble is really weak this year. I’m watching teams on the bubble drop like flies today. People were saying it would take 24-25 wins to make the tournament. It may only take 22-23.

Possibly, but don’t forget Tourney Champs. Palm, like you I disagree with him, said Middle TN may not win their conference tourney. If they don’t, he doesn’t think they get in, Lunardi has them solid, which means they don’t have to win it. That’ll eliminate a bubble team. I still think we need 5 and at least 1 in the tourney. I’d prefer 7 and 3, but will see

Middle Tennessee is 1 more bad loss away from needing to win their conference tournament to get in, they already have 3 bad losses, including a 300+ RPI loss. The good news about the bubble this year, there aren’t many teams in these mid/low major conferences like Middle Tennessee that have a chance to get an at-large bid. Even the A-10 is down, they may only get 2 teams in the tournament.

Somehow, we are actually in a good spot after today’s games. If we can win tonight, we will be tied with Bama for 4th and we own the tie breaker. The biggest thing we have to do though is to find the team that beat Bama in BWA. We then have to understand what we did in that game and play with that same effort and confidence through the SEC tourney. We will certainly be dancing if we do those things.

Yeah, I know it’s a lot to ask for.

The way this team is playing, I would be thrilled if we go 4-3 in
the next seven games. Thrilled and surprised.

[quote=“Blu”]

That’s a legit concern + they are having a tribute to their 1991 team, which featured Shaq, so they’ll have a big crowd and some celebrities in the building, so you know they will be pumped to play a good game. I actually can’t believe LSU is this bad. I would have never picked them to be tied for last place in conference. They have a McDonald All-American + some quality 4 star guys on their roster. Key for us is to not even give the crowd a chance to be involved. LSU is known for letting teams get big leads early and trying to comeback. If we can grab the lead early and hold on to it, I like our chances a lot better then.
[/quote]Just as I predicted, LSU played lights out (their best game of the year). Fortunately, my prediction was good for the first half only plus we played much better the second half.

LSU did have the tribute to Shaq and the '91 champs, but not the big crowd to go with it. Fortunately we survived getting killed on the boards.

Well I see losses to both SC and Florida. That leaves 4 more games. We should beat A&M and Auburn, probably lose to Ole Miss and the Georgia game will depend on whether there is anything left to play for. I see 3-3 at best.

I hope we can go 4-2. I would understand not being able to beat both UF & SC. Terrific teams but everyone else we should be able to beat. Auburn won’t be easy they look pretty good right now as Ole Miss but if we can go 4-2 & win a game in the tournament I think we get in the dance.

Weeping and gnashing of teeth.