What would you think about Skip Holtz?!

I would think he would know what it would take to win at Ark …

Good average coach. Career record of 137-105. Sure not a dream pick.

Does nothing for me but at least he’s won a power 5 game

Not another Holtz in Fayetteville. The players did not like the 1st Holtz who coached at AR. In the end, he forgot how to recruit.

Skip is not like his dad and does know how to recruit! He wouldn’t be a splash hire but a good one!

“Not another Holtz in Fayetteville. The players did not like the 1st Holtz who coached at AR. In the end, he forgot how to recruit.”

What? Lou Holtz was a winner and an Arkansas coaching great. So was Petrino. The things some of you dredge up is mind boggling. Especially compared to the caliber of coaches we’ve had in recent years.

Lou could build but never sustain a program plus he did not like to recruit. He did well with Broyles players until the program started to decline with his own recruits.

I was on campus when Lou was coach, & players despised him. Go read up why he was fired at AR & why Notre Dame had to ask him to leave when top players threatened to transfer if Lou stayed.

The man was a winner by Arkansas standards. You’ll never get me to say anything bad about Lou Holtz. Good football coaches are often disliked. They are tough. Go talk to Woody Hayes’s players. The “football is fun again” Jeff Long mentality is not conducive to winning football. That was borne out in Fayetteville last night.

Lou did not have the respect of the players. His one-liners got old quickly & players were no longer motivated after a couple of seasons under him. Yes, he won the Orange Bowl against OU & beat Texas but the program was in a quick decline plus there were some recruiting irregularities. Why do you think that Broyles had to fire him?

I really like Skip and think he would do great as our head coach. He knows X’s and O’s, can evaluate talent and has a very good staff. He also has an East Texas pipeline that La Tech has hit the jackpot with for years. Given our facilities he would turn our program up several notches.