What would it cost us to Terminate the Whole Staff

All these posts about wanting to fire the coaches got me to wondering what the total amount we would have to pay would be if we did that. I have seen comments on the buyouts for Coach B and Coach Smith, but are these same clauses on the other coaches?

Well, it damn sure would not be worth the costs. This is a very good coaching staff.

Do that and start all over, then wondering/asking the same thing in 3-4 years.

I tend to agree, but since there were so many calling for this I was curious. We would have to pay buyouts then come up with the money to pay for a whole new coaching staff, which all translates to quite a chunk of change.

Not all have buyouts. You’d have six months of salaries for some. My guess is that it would be $16-18 million.

10 years.

I was reading today that this same type of deal will cost the bumhorns 19 million. :lol:

I can’t find any language in the contracts that include buyouts for the assistant coaches. That leads me to believe that they would be paid their full salary through the completion of their contract. Most are on 1-year agreements that end each June 30.

So in theory, if a coaching staff change were made at the end of a season, Arkansas could be on the hook for the head coach’s buyout (currently $15.4 million), plus the remaining salaries of the nine assistants, which would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $2 million. I would guess that is waived, at least in part, once an assistant coach finds a job elsewhere.

19 million is pocket change for some of the TEXA$$ donors.

True, but it’s also pocket change for Jerry Jones, Warren Stephens and the Tysons, not to mention a few Walmart megamillionaires. Note that I’m not advocating we buy out the staff, nor am I saying that Texass doesn’t have the advantage in resources on just about everyone, but we’ve got our deep-pocket boosters too.

[quote=“SwineFusion”]

True, but it’s also pocket change for Jerry Jones, Warren Stephens and the Tysons, not to mention a few Walmart megamillionaires. Note that I’m not advocating we buy out the staff, nor am I saying that Texass doesn’t have the advantage in resources on just about everyone, but we’ve got our deep-pocket boosters too.
[/quote]Always remember richest person in TEXAS is from Arkansas. That----- almost sucks in a way.

That’s a horrible thought. I would like to see Long gone but none of the head coaches. When someone starts this junk think back to the John L Smith failure wheee the team filled with talent fell apart and our hogs were a joke! We have not overcome that yet! Let coaches coach and let us be fans. Coach BB will take care of business if he is given time. He has improved and the depth will come. Speed will improve. Wins come as a team gets more disciplined and shows more aggression with hunger to play and win.
This team this year was better than most thought but the defensive failures are mins blowing and the offense overachieved with a sub par O line. I can’t wait until next year and see how the redshirt perform and if the defense can get angry on the field.

That’s a horrible thought. I would like to see Long gone but none of the head coaches. When someone starts this junk think back to the John L Smith failure wheee the team filled with talent fell apart and our hogs were a joke! We have not overcome that yet! Let coaches coach and let us be fans. Coach BB will take care of business if he is given time. He has improved and the depth will come. Speed will improve. Wins come as a team gets more disciplined and shows more aggression with hunger to play and win.
This team this year was better than most thought but the defensive failures are mins blowing and the offense overachieved with a sub par O line. I can’t wait until next year and see how the redshirt perform and if the defense can get angry on the field.