What type of uniforms has Coach Morris

used for his teams, i.e. more traditional (whatever that is these days) or the ‘combat’ style of unis? I really liked the ones the Hogs wore during this years game at AT&T against A&M, the ‘cowboys’ inspired unis.

LOTS of combos…I think a new uniform and helmet combo almost every week.

Not much of a uniform critic, I just don’t like the anthracite jerseys

Would love to see white cleats come back, they look so much better.

I’m afraid he will dress his team like Nike tells him to. One thing we know for sure. We will never wear anything resembling the traditional Arkansas Razorback uniform until 2064.

…is fine by me. Putting up with anthracite uniforms once a year is no big deal. I think having a game each year where they wear the D-Mac uni’s would be nice as well. Alabama and Penn State can ignore what recruits want but we can’t. They did not get to that point because of their uniforms, they got there despite their uniforms. We aren’t there, yet.

[quote=“Hogmodo”]
…is fine by me. Putting up with anthracite uniforms once a year is no big deal. I think having a game each year where they wear the D-Mac uni’s would be nice as well. Alabama and Penn State can ignore what recruits want but we can’t. They did not get to that point because of their uniforms, they got there despite their uniforms. We aren’t there, yet.[/quote:j278rznz]

We were closer to being there when we wore the traditionals than we are now. Has anyone ever heard a recruit say they didn’t like a uniform? I would like a name. Just one name, of a player who chose a school because of their uniforms.

[quote=“eaglehog5”]

[quote=“Hogmodo”]
…is fine by me. Putting up with anthracite uniforms once a year is no big deal. I think having a game each year where they wear the D-Mac uni’s would be nice as well. Alabama and Penn State can ignore what recruits want but we can’t. They did not get to that point because of their uniforms, they got there despite their uniforms. We aren’t there, yet.[/quote:31rj3wqk]

We were closer to being there when we wore the traditionals than we are now. Has anyone ever heard a recruit say they didn’t like a uniform? I would like a name. Just one name, of a player who chose a school because of their uniforms.[/quote:31rj3wqk]
Dudley has addressed this repeatedly. It’s not THE factor, usually, but it’s often A factor. It sure didn’t hurt Oregon in the Chip Kelly era as he was building the program. Then they got to the point where the program sold itself (and have declined after Kelly left).

You’re coming dangerously close to praising HDN here, eagle. Because his teams wore those unis you like.

Well Houston’s final team was better than any team Bielema coached at Arkansas. It was not as good as a couple of Petrino’s teams though. Bottom line is that ditching the D-Mac unis has done nothing to improve recruiting. Not one thing. Has anyone ever asked recruits what they thought of the D-Mac era uniform? I bet you would find that they like that too. We did have a signature look and now we don’t. We’re Sunbelt/USA all the way baby! Just look at the top 10 in the final polls. Almost all of them wear a traditional uni that has been associated with them for years. Who are the SEC dregs and what are they wearing?
Not saying you can’t break out something different a couple of times a year, but why would a proud, tradition rich program like ours completely ditch their traditional look? Only one time in the past 10 seasons have we worn our traditional unis. Sorry but that’s not enough.

Remember the baggy britches during the Nolan years? I’m sure the fans didn’t recommend that. Let the kids pick the uniforms; with some athletic department limits, and be happy. I know I’m in the minority but I like the Anthracite look and I also like the white helmet when wearing the road all white uniform. Like the man said; didn’t hurt Oregon’s winning percentages at all.

If CMM wants to change the unis, have lots of combos, etc. that’s great. A new coach should be given ample time to implement any changes he sees fit to make things work.

I don’t care what they wear as long as they win. The only look I don’t like is the grey Hog on the grey helmets. Hard to see, especially at night.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]
I don’t care what they wear as long as they win. The only look I don’t like is the grey Hog on the grey helmets. Hard to see, especially at night.[/quote:3s56i6cs]

I understand what you’re saying, but often people use this phrase as a way of saying the uniforms affect whether they win or not. I’m a big fan of our traditional uniforms. There is no traditional uniform at SMU that I’ve ever been able to discern. By default I’ve watched SMU football as long as I’ve watched Hog football–over 50 years–and I don’t think they’ve ever kept a uniform more than a year or two. That seems to be about as true for Rice & TCU.

I’ve come to accept that we’ll wear some non-traditional uniform occasionally to appease recruits. However, I hope we play the rest of our games in red jerseys & white pants at home & white with white and red trim &numerals when we’re on the road. And always wear a red helmet with a white running hog. (And I mean a running hog that looks like a running hog, not some souped-up version of a hog that you have to study hard to tell that’s what it is.)

And while we’re at it, I don’t want anybody screwing with the hog call, either. No “ah-oos” or yelps. It’s Wooooo Pig Sooie. Sounds just like it’s spelled. Amen.

[quote=“Neastarkie”]

[quote=“SoArkHog”]
I don’t care what they wear as long as they win. The only look I don’t like is the grey Hog on the grey helmets. Hard to see, especially at night.[/quote:1ez8feh3]

I understand what you’re saying, but often people use this phrase as a way of saying the uniforms affect whether they win or not. I’m a big fan of our traditional uniforms. There is no traditional uniform at SMU that I’ve ever been able to discern. By default I’ve watched SMU football as long as I’ve watched Hog football–over 50 years–and I don’t think they’ve ever kept a uniform more than a year or two. That seems to be about as true for Rice & TCU.

I’ve come to accept that we’ll wear some non-traditional uniform occasionally to appease recruits. However, I hope we play the rest of our games in red jerseys & white pants at home & white with white and red trim &numerals when we’re on the road. And always wear a red helmet with a white running hog. (And I mean a running hog that looks like a running hog, not some souped-up version of a hog that you have to study hard to tell that’s what it is.)

And while we’re at it, I don’t want anybody screwing with the hog call, either. No “ah-oos” or yelps. It’s Wooooo Pig Sooie. Sounds just like it’s spelled. Amen.[/quote:1ez8feh3]
I am a traditionalist myself and not a big fan of the different uniforms but don’t really complain about them. But winning and losing really has little to do with what a team wears; it’s more about how a team prepares and plays on gameday. That’s more of my focus.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

[quote=“Neastarkie”]

[quote=“SoArkHog”]
I don’t care what they wear as long as they win. The only look I don’t like is the grey Hog on the grey helmets. Hard to see, especially at night.[/quote:3g95tysr]

And while we’re at it, I don’t want anybody screwing with the hog call, either. No “ah-oos” or yelps. It’s Wooooo Pig Sooie. Sounds just like it’s spelled. Amen.[/quote:3g95tysr]
I am a traditionalist myself and not a big fan of the different uniforms but don’t really complain about them. But winning and losing really has little to do with what a team wears; it’s more about how a team prepares and plays on gameday. That’s more of my focus.[/quote:3g95tysr]

I know you don’t believe the uniforms affect how the team plays. In fact, you said, “[u:3g95tysr]as long as[/u:3g95tysr] they win.” I’ve seen a lot of “[u:3g95tysr]if it will help[/u:3g95tysr] them win” statements, though. I’m sure people who say that know better, but still…