What SEC team has the best victory to date?

Who is the only SEC team with a victory over a Top 15 team so far this season?

ARKANSAS!!! Thats it!

Arkansas win over #15 TCU (ON THE ROAD)

Texas A&M win over #16 UCLA (AT HOME)

Alabama win over #20 USC (AT HOME)

You could argue that Arkansas has the best victory to date in the SEC. PLUS, We
did it on the road on TCU’s turf!! WPS!!! GO HOGS!!!

:slight_smile:

[quote=“Votan”]
Who is the only SEC team with a victory over a Top 15 team so far this season?

ARKANSAS!!! Thats it!

Arkansas win over #15 TCU (ON THE ROAD)

Texas A&M win over #16 UCLA (AT HOME)

Alabama win over #20 USC (AT HOME)

You could argue that Arkansas has the best victory to date in the SEC. PLUS, We
did it on the road on TCU’s turf!! WPS!!! GO HOGS!!!

:slight_smile:
[/quote]I agree, it was a big Hog win. But, Bama lambasted USC; they played that game in Texas.

While our win the awesome, I’d have to say Bama’s THUMPING of USC on a neutral field is tops right now.

I forgot Alabama was at a neutral site. I was just getting the information from
the SEC website and it listed Alabama as a home team. I didn’t consider that
they were the designated home team at a neutral site.

Still we beat the highest ranked team to date of all our SEC brethren.

I’d certainly give Bama the best win so far, but you still make a good point. Two games deep into the season, we’re ahead of every SEC except Bama when it comes to on-the-field performance. We looked bad against LT, but still got the win & we actually won our marquee non-conference game. Plus we did it on the road.

If rankings were based solely on current-year performances we’d be ahead of LSU, Ole Miss, Tenn, & UF in the polls. We’d also be ahead of TAMU. However, polls this early are based a whole lot on expectations & last year’s record. That’ll change soon, though, and I like how we’ve started. Now, if we can finish like we have the past two years.

Saw that one in person Bama game

Completely dominated after first quarter

We are getting there and let another opportunity inside the 5 almost cost us but we score there and pull away I’d give edge to us

It’s a Great Win for our state and program and another Dallas visit awaits with huge implications

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba … ory-091016”>http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/arkansas-tcu-win-reaction-highlights-overtime-victory-091016</LINK_TEXT>

This is some great publicity for Arkansas. Wouldn’t it be nice on October 8th if we were to beat Alabama in Fayetteville. OMG, the entire state would be going bonkers.

Now that’s the kind of pub I love seeing.

I would say the TCU win is second best to this point. Alabama beating USC by 46 was most impressive to me.

If USC ends up losing 4 or 5 games this season and TCU ends up winning the B12, our win will look better to the “play-off” committee and pollsters. Our win was a true road game, while Bama’s was not. But, yes I agree that right now, Bama’s win would be #1.

I don’t think there is any question that Arkansas has the best victory to date. You look at what TCU has done the last few years and there is huge value for the SEC with what the Hogs did in Fort Worth. Huge.

I would say Arkansas. We beat a top 15 team at their house and we were unranked. USC was overrated and ranked lower at #20.