What recruits??

We have one signee that would have been a Hog regardless of coach?

What recruits do we have a realistic shot at signing that give you hope next year can be better?

Quite a few on the list on the recruiting board. Just one off the top of my head - Tyson Jolly - a SG/SF that averages 22.2 PPG and 12.5 RPG. A guard that scores and rebounds, something we desperately need.

(Last time I looked that was his stats they could have gone up or down)

Another is Shawn Stith, he reminds me of Grant Williams (guy at TN)

Edit: Jolly 6’4 CG - 22.5 PPG, 12.6 RPG, 4.1 APG, 51% FG, 35% 3 PT, 77.7% FT

Stith 6’8 PF - 15.9 PPG, 7 RPG, 1.7 APG, 61% FG, 28.6% 3pt, 77.7% FT.

There is a reason Stith is unsigned, Grant Willians he is not. Maybe in size only.

Grant Williams has 13 offers from top schools such as:

Appalachian St
Harvard
Charlotte
Mercer
Hampton
Maryland-Eastern Shore
SE Louisiana
William and Mary
Wofford
Yale
Boston College
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
Virginia

Only Virginia would I have considered a good offer at the time.

Don’t know how the kid will turn out and Williams is a prime example

Edit: Virginia and Vandy didn’t offer they just recruited

Grant is also POY, guy is coached well and has developed.

We can’t take chances on projects, if they aren’t talented they sure won’t be developed. Examples, Gabe and Adrio.

Draw up a play where 3 guys can score against 5, that’s what we are up against with our current line up.

Stith isn’t a project. He, like Grant in 2016, needs to be coached up. He’s pretty decent right now. Will he end up as good as Grant? Don’t know, can’t tell that yet. When Grant came out of HS, you see how many high D1 schools actually thought that he’d be a POY. He was a classic case of a project, he just worked out

Who is going to develop Mr Stith?

See, now that’s something I agree with. I believe CMA needs to tweak his staff and bring in a guy that played in the post

Doubt he would take the job but Joe Kleine would be perfect to work developing big men

None that would be much help. There are about a dozen top 200 players in the 2019 class that haven’t already signed, but none that are interested in playing for Arkansas. The best we can sign are rejects from other SEC colleges and then hope that somehow they turn out to be much better than their rating.

Seems to be the sad truth

When it comes to predicting next year, it seems I’m wrong more than I’m right and hopefully I’m way wrong. However, I don’t recall a time that I felt more discouraged for our the prospects of our team improving for next year.