What is the injury status of Gates?

Appeared that he aggravated his leg again during Tuesday’s game.

Any status update on his availability for the Auburn series? I’m not all that familiar with their rotation, but there might come a time when you’d want a good left handed batter in the line-up . . . or, as a pinch-hitter.

I’m not sure, but it appeared that he hurt his hamstring again the other day. That’s easy to do on a cold day.

Auburn will throw two right-handers and has left Sunday as TBA. Arkansas has some other left-handed options off the bench, notably Evan Lee. Hunter Wilson and Cole Turney also bat from that side.

He’s not full speed yet, that’s for sure. Dave said at Swatter’s Club that he’s told him that on ground outs not to try to hit top speed. Still, it looks like he tweaked it early in the game. For sure, he was going at half speed on a ground out later and came out of the game. Hamstring injuries can take weeks and weeks to heal, sometimes months. It appears Gates is a long way from being full speed.

I asked Dave Van Horn about Gates last night. He confirmed what we all thought, that he re-injured the hamstring earlier in the week.

Edit: I stated earlier that I thought it might be a little longer before he is in the lineup, but he’s there today. Van Horn said last night that he was not 100 percent, so he probably won’t be trying to leg out any singles today.

He got a hit in the 7th inning today and was noticeably slow in getting to 1B. McFarland then pinch ran for him.