What is potential for Luke Jones to get a waiver from NCAA..................

…and to play center for us this fall? This could be huge for this team. I wonder if he can consistently make the shotgun snap? That would be a huge improvement for this team.

Bump!

Zero unless he changes his position to qb

This…

I don’t see anything right now that would be a reason to grant it.

I don’t think it’s very likely. But I’ve been surprised before. I don’t know that he qualifies. And, I’m not sure he’d be ready to play center with just a summer of working in this offense.

Most of the waivers now are for when a player leaves a school that has been put on probation, a head coach leaves, or a player has an immediate family member sick within a 100-mile radius of the new school. Jones wouldn’t fall under any of those umbrellas.

Which one of those categories did the QB from UGA fit under when he got immediate eligibility at OSU?

I said most. He was granted immediately eligibility because of the racial slur used against him by a former baseball player at Georgia.

[quote=“MattJones”]

I said most. He was granted immediately eligibility because of the racial slur used against him by a former baseball player at Georgia.

[/quote]Did not the Ohio State QB who left for Miami also receive a waiver? Not sure of the grounds.

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

Head coach left, lol.

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

His head coach retired.