What I saw Today

It has been a while since we had team play KY that did not backdown and acted like they thought they should win (even though they had little chance). When I say, “did not backdown”, I do not mean the stuff at the end. That was mostly flustration. You could see that these players felt like they belonged against KY, and that they should beat KY. I like that. If that attitude stays with this team moving into next season, and the guys coming in are as advertized, they may very well bring real basketball back to Arkansas and turn The Bud into the SEC Graveyard again. Lot of work yet to be done, but I liked what I saw today.

It could get fun again.

I completely agree. I really wasn’t that upset about the frustration at the end. These kids got hosed bad and UK didn’t need any help. Commissioner Sankey was sitting court side and he should have been ashamed of the refs.

We showed back bone and I liked it.

I can’t even stomach watching a Cal or Monk interview anymore. I use to listen just to make fun of them afterwards, I can’t even do that anymore. They are so fake.

Monk talks all about how Arkansas made him this and that and how he respects us, then he plays them and he’s throat slashing and acting like he’s just so tough. And he knows CMA is a good person, and wouldn’t allow his players to do any of that to him.

And Cal, I mean he’s a known cheater, and everything that comes out of his mouth is about him. He’s either promoting himself, bragging on himself, or blaming someone else when he doesn’t get his way.

I wish someone would start a gofundme page to get Cal to leave college basketball since no NBA team will pay him what he wants. The game would be so much better w/o his one and done self promotion gimmicks he runs all throughout the season

The Punk “Monk” again showed his true colors today! I have no use for him or Kentucky. He could have told Mike Anderson last year he was going to Kentucky instead of stringing him along and we could have signed someone else.
Monk cares only about Monk. No loyalty to anyone that helped him. He needs to stop saying he has friends on our team. You don’t treat friends like that. I hope he plus in the D league and oversea. For someone whom lost a state title to a football recruit I have little respect for him.
He is just like “Greaseball” spineless !

Rumors have been around for a long time that Calipari promised Marcus access to all the One and Done talent to be their agent. Marcus used the recruitment to build relationships in business. Marcus used it to set up a Sports Agency and he is Executive Director of Monk Promotional Management Group. I’m not making it up https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcus-monk-b303a43b/

[quote=“ColoradoHog”]
It has been a while since we had team play KY that did not backdown and acted like they thought they should win (even though they had little chance). When I say, “did not backdown”, I do not mean the stuff at the end. That was mostly flustration. You could see that these players felt like they belonged against KY, and that they should beat KY. I like that. If that attitude stays with this team moving into next season, and the guys coming in are as advertized, they may very well bring real basketball back to Arkansas and turn The Bud into the SEC Graveyard again. Lot of work yet to be done, but I liked what I saw today.

It could get fun again.
[/quote]y

Jim–I’m proud of the way the Hogs played and I think they are pretty good nationally. We shall see. Recall Bama played a tighter game vs KY than we did and Bama was rewarded with a NIT berth.

That makes me wonder if KY is a little more towards average this year than elite. Such thinking would put both the Hogs and Bama “above average”

We are getting there–at long last.

Moses was fouled hard, across both arms. Shows didn’t call it. For the most part, Shows does not blow his whistle and lets fouls go. He prefers a rough and tumble game. He does call the ticky tack stuff. He grew up in North Little Rock. He has always been tough on Arkansas. He goes overboard to try not to be biased. I believe his father went to Mississippi State. I don’t ever like it when I see him calling a big Arkansas game. He has a reputation for being a good referee. You don’t get to call the national title game without being good. But he shouldn’t call Arkansas games.

The idea that he called a T on Moses after missing a terrible foul on the same play is disgusting. Everyone in the arena knew Moses was fouled. The arm came down across the middle of both arms on the slap down. There is a picture in the paper of it today.