That I don’t think it’s true, babe
Or even if it is keep this in mind
You take it on the run baby
If that’s the way you want it baby
Then I don’t want you around
I don’t believe it, not for a minute
You’re under the gun so you take it on the run

Why does this sound soooo familiar?

A cryptic message that Lovie Smith of Champaign Illinois will be our next coach?

REO Speedwagon. 1970’s. One of the big hair bands. Group was named after the name of a fire engine.

Showing my age, LOVED REO. Loved them!!! And, that is probably my favorite REO song. When I am listening to “70’s on 7” (which is a lot) and it comes on, I listen, hit rewind, turn it up louder, listen, hit rewind, turn it up even louder, etc. etc. The whole time my wife is rolling her eyes and saying why can’t we listen to something else. :smiley:

Hi infidelity was a great album. Saw them in concert in 82.

Wouldn’t Ridin’ The Storm Out be better for where we are at right now? Or maybe Roll with the Changes?

And is Gus really saying Time For Me to Fly?

Roll with the changes is probably my favorite REO song. I also really like Back on the road again.

Pride of Champaign Illinois. There is a street in Champaign named for them. Most of their songs were a little syrupy for my tastes. The exception was Keep Pushin. That song will still get me fired up today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCFkSAqqMLs

[youtube]bCFkSAqqMLs[/youtube]

I’m a big REO fan. They were one of the biggest bands of the 70’ & 80’s. They were a true stadium band. For about a 10 year run, they’d pack a stadium. I went to Superjam 82 at the liberty bowl. Survivor opened, followed by Joan Jett, Kansas & REO Speedwagon. I probably saw most of the big rock bands of the the 70’s & 80’s. My first concert was Black Sabbath when Dio was with them. We didn’t have all the Tec & toys we do now. Back then, going to concerts was a big deal. Whenever any particular band went on tour, once tickets went on sale, it was who’s going and where you sitting.

REO Speedwagon came to Barnhill Arena around 1982 when I was on the Hill.

Yep, I remember the band on the turf at RRS taking photos with our cheerleaders that afternoon. I missed the show that night. Made up for it about 35 years later in a show with Def Leppard.

Slobberbone is a band I listen to infrequently. My favorite song is “Springfield, Illinois.” The band is from Denton, TX, so that means we’re getting Seth Littrell (North Texas HC) as our coach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jEcqqDNa7k

[youtube]2jEcqqDNa7k[/youtube]

REO Speedwagon was my 1st concert as a very young teen in early 70’s. In Little Rock. Who opened up for them - Black Oak Arkansas.
Also seen REO at Barnhill years later.

REO rocks. Well, it rocked in my car in college. I think it was 8-track. Maybe cassette. But mostly I’d roll with Johnny Cash. Of late, it’s been more George Strait. But I can take REO. But I get to driving faster and faster and that’s not a good thing.

Steely Dan for me.
amazing wide range of musical styles and talents.

Love Johnny Cash and George Strait. Johnny Cash is one of those singers that was able to reach beyond his primary genre and broaden his fan base. I know many people that would consider themselves rockers and love them some Johnny Cash. If I was going to pick one person to represent country music, George Strait would be my choice. I like good music, doesn’t matter what genre. I like the old Motown sound. Big fan of guys like Sam Cook and Al Green. Groups like the O’Jays, Chi lites, etc. like the old county music best. Hank Jr, George Strait, Mickey Gilley. I even enjoy the old du wop music. I like hard rock to soft rock. I appreciate good music.