What happened in Texas-OSU game

To set Herman off? Glad they lost it’s a good day when they lose!

OSU QB knelt down to end the game and Texas’ long-haired wild man charged into the backfield.

That set both teams off and Herman got riled up - probably because his team just lost a game that it should have won.

Couldn’t happen to a better team! Wonder if the so called Big 12 will reprimand him or Texas probably not! I’m so glad they are not in SEC!

The Shorthorn wild man (#44) Dudley refers too was WAY out of line. (As was Pulley in the Ole Miss game). The Okie Lite players (understandably) were not happy. Yelling and pushing ensued and Gundy went out to get his players to back off. Herman tough Gundy was going out to get involved in the pushing and shoving and became VERY incensed. He was going nuts.

After the game Herman and Gundy kissed and made up. A great made for TV romance.

The Texas LB’s name is Hager, and I believe his dad was a Longhorn LB. Dad was the south end of a north bound horse, too.

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]

OSU QB knelt down to end the game and Texas’ long-haired wild man charged into the backfield.

That set both teams off and Herman got riled up - probably because his team just lost a game that it should have won.

[/quote]I watched it live, and I believe what really got Herman upset was that almost instantly, Gundy was on the field. Now, Gundy was there for a very valid reason - he was trying to herd his players away and diffuse the situation. I applaud him for that.

But from the other sideline, it probably wasn’t clear exactly what Gundy was doing. Herman saw the scuffle, saw several players from both sides pushing each other, and then saw the other coach almost in the middle of the field. From Herman’s vantage point, it may have looked like Gundy was inciting his kids, or participating. And in the frame of mind he (Herman) had to be in, he was probably ready for “go time”.

Gundy spoke specifically to that when he shook hands with Herman after the game (field mics picked up the convo). First thing he did was to explain to Herman that he was just trying to get his kids back to avoid a fight. Herman seemed to believe it and backed down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ1G

whole game version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq2ImVRU9NQ