What exactly is resolution to honor Eddie?

Today BOT votes on the resolution to honor Nolan with his name on the court. And this may have been posted and I missed it, but also on the agenda is the resolution to honor Eddie. Two questions.

What exactly is the resolution for Eddie?

I wonder if the only way Yuracheck was able to get the Nolan resolution on the agenda is by also having the Eddie resolution? I suspect that.is how Hunter fought off the opposition to the Nolan court.

Are they going to do something that ends up in more controversies than celebrations?

I love the fact that we’re finally embracing and honoring our past. Two great coaches who both deserve to be honored in their own right. Of course, naming the court after Nolan is a well-deserved honor. I’m curious too what the honor will be for Eddie. Hopefully, this can be handled without controversy. Perhaps the timing is nothing more than a desire to honor Eddie before his health declines any further?

I question the timing. Not that Eddie does not deserve recognition, but why now?

I agree. Why at the same time as Nolan? Makes me wonder about a lot of things.

My understanding is that one of the trustees asked to have discussion about doing something to recognize Sutton at the arena because they are voting to name the court for Nolan. There were no Sutton-related resolutions written beforehand, at least that I’m aware, and this is just for discussion purposes today.

[quote=“MattJones”]

My understanding is that one of the trustees asked to have discussion about doing something to recognize Sutton at the arena because they are voting to name the court for Nolan. There were no Sutton-related resolutions written beforehand, at least that I’m aware, and this is just for discussion purposes today.

[/quote].

Good. That will be the right decision thing to do, We should honor Eddie at a later date.

Reason I brought it up is that our old friend (?) tweeted that there was a resolution on the agenda. I guess that is Wally at it again.

[quote=“PJHawg”]

It could be that a resolution was written at some time in the past couple of days, but as of Tuesday there was no resolution.

Well if the court is named for Nolan, and the entrances to the arena are named after big donors, and the arena itself is named after the guy who paid for most of it, we are running out of nameable areas. Maybe the trophy area downstairs by the Hog Heaven store?

I figure John Pelphrey and Stan Heath will get a couple of urinals, and Lanny Van Eman is in line for Lost & Found.

We have a big beautiful practice facility across the street with no name on it. That would be a possibility. Although Joe Steinmetz indicated after they voted to name the court for Nolan that they perhaps would put a plaque recognizing EES’s accomplishments somewhere at the arena.

Lol - JP and SH reference.

Altman is going to have an emergency exit named after him.

What’s funny: he left the arena through a de facto emergency exit at the loading dock. I think that had to be the most bizarre press conference I’ve covered.

LOL! Gotta find a way to honor Duddy Waller too. Perhaps a convenience store on MLK named 7-20!

:lol: :lol:

Post of the month, if not year!!!

Now that’s funny right there. I don’t care who you are.