What a great Christmas present!

LaVar Ball may move to Lithuania. Boy, that would be great.

AMEN

AMEN

And never come back?

I am curious about something. Read a story written about a year ago about the Ball family, while Lonzo was at UCLA, and it said one of the younger kids (I guess the one that was just arrested in China and dropped out of UCLA) was driving about a $100,000 BMW. I know the suburb they live in is high-dollar. How the heck did he have the coin to live there and buy a 16 year old a $100K car?

[quote=“SwineFusion”]
And never come back?

I am curious about something. Read a story written about a year ago about the Ball family, while Lonzo was at UCLA, and it said one of the younger kids (I guess the one that was just arrested in China and dropped out of UCLA) was driving about a $100,000 BMW. I know the suburb they live in is high-dollar. How the heck did he have the coin to live there and buy a 16 year old a $100K car?[/quote:34am2b7i]

I am thinking that the kid had a paper route and saved all his money. Yep, I am sure that is it. Yep.

Lavar is going to prove everyone wrong. He knows what he is doing.

People said the same thing about the unconventional ways of Richard Williams, the father of Venus and Serena. Look what happened to their careers.

[quote=“PJHawg”]

People said the same thing about the unconventional ways of Richard Williams, the father of Venus and Serena. Look what happened to their careers.[/quote:1bhs8yj5]
He’s doing a very good job of getting attention. Whether that translates into success for the Big Baller Brand remains to be seen. Richard Williams’ goal was to get the sisters to the top of the tennis world. At that, he was absolutely successful. It seems that basketball success is almost incidental to what LaVar is trying. From what I’ve heard, the two kids who just went to Lithuania have hoops skills that are (a) good but not NBA level and (b) mediocre at best.

Lavar Ball set a poor example for his kids to follow. Terrible language with no ethical values. What a way to represent UCLA shoplifting in China! Great family!

[quote=“PJHawg”]

People said the same thing about the unconventional ways of Richard Williams, the father of Venus and Serena. Look what happened to their careers.[/quote:2h5ulank]

You may be right, but don’t forget the USC (I think) QB from 20 years or so ago who was trained from childhood to play in the NFL. One of the biggest flops of all time.

[quote=“StillGregHog”]

[quote=“PJHawg”]

People said the same thing about the unconventional ways of Richard Williams, the father of Venus and Serena. Look what happened to their careers.[/quote:3cynxzyx]

You may be right, but don’t forget the USC (I think) QB from 20 years or so ago who was trained from childhood to play in the NFL. One of the biggest flops of all time.[/quote:3cynxzyx]
Todd Marinovich. Never ate a cheeseburger but was quite fond of chemical alternations of other sorts.

[quote=“SwineFusion”]

[quote=“StillGregHog”]

[quote=“PJHawg”]

People said the same thing about the unconventional ways of Richard Williams, the father of Venus and Serena. Look what happened to their careers.[/quote:24gnczdj]

You may be right, but don’t forget the USC (I think) QB from 20 years or so ago who was trained from childhood to play in the NFL. One of the biggest flops of all time.[/quote:24gnczdj]
Todd Marinovich. Never ate a cheeseburger but was quite fond of chemical alternations of other sorts.[/quote:24gnczdj]

That is the one! Thanks!!!

The oldest and youngest sons are the known and potential cash cows. The middle son probably never would have gone to UCLA but for his brothers, and from everything I’ve read is not considered to have NBA potential.

The obvious difference between the Williams sisters and the Ball brothers is that the Williams play an individual sport where everyone is a free agent with no responsibility to any one but their own entourage. The Ball brothers at some point all have to demonstrate they have enough talent to be worth the trouble. Pro team sports will accept a very large amount of grief for big production, but it’s a sliding scale, and even brilliant players can have their careers stunted by personality issues.

Playing in Europe could work out fine for the younger Balls, provided they show enough to move up the rungs to better clubs. It will be interesting to see how Dad behaves over there, and how the team coaches/ownership react to him. I also am a bit curious to see if one or more of the sons cuts ties with Dad in a few years.

[quote=“nlrbuzzard”]
The oldest and youngest sons are the known and potential cash cows. The middle son probably never would have gone to UCLA but for his brothers, and from everything I’ve read is not considered to have NBA potential.

The obvious difference between the Williams sisters and the Ball brothers is that the Williams play an individual sport where everyone is a free agent with no responsibility to any one but their own entourage. The Ball brothers at some point all have to demonstrate they have enough talent to be worth the trouble. Pro team sports will accept a very large amount of grief for big production, but it’s a sliding scale, and even brilliant players can have their careers stunted by personality issues.

Playing in Europe could work out fine for the younger Balls, provided they show enough to move up the rungs to better clubs. It will be interesting to see how Dad behaves over there, and how the team coaches/ownership react to him. I also am a bit curious to see if one or more of the sons cuts ties with Dad in a few years.[/quote:14qdnqnc]

The fact that the kid quit UCLA because he was being benched due to stealing stuff in China is all I would need as a GM to say “pass.” Players have to be accountable to the administration (unless you are a Michael Jordan type talent, then yes, you can pretty much dictate to the administration who the coach is, who the other players are, etc. etc., but those type players are few and far between.)

[quote=“SwineFusion”]
And never come back?

I am curious about something. Read a story written about a year ago about the Ball family, while Lonzo was at UCLA, and it said one of the younger kids (I guess the one that was just arrested in China and dropped out of UCLA) was driving about a $100,000 BMW. I know the suburb they live in is high-dollar. How the heck did he have the coin to live there and buy a 16 year old a $100K car?[/quote:35k6tiuk]

All three were rolling in big time vehicles.

It’s credited to Big Baller Brand

I learned all I needed to know about LaVar Ball when he made light
of the shoplifting charge as if it was nothing… like it should have been
overlooked. Then after the President help to get his son free, he gave
the whole “Trump Who?” thing and dismissed his help. Crime in China
is no small thing, it generally results in years in jail with like a 95% rate
of conviction. He was very lucky his son got out. Very lucky!!

Then after the fact that his son embarrased himself, his university, and
his country by shoplifting and UCLA did the absolute right thing in way
of punishment, LaVar pulls his baby out of school claiming they were
treating him worse than China. Like a kid saying “I’m gonna take my
Ball and go home, you can’t play with him anymore!!”

LaVar Ball is trash. He may be rich trash, but he is still trash. He represents
low class.

I don’t give a flip what your politics are Big Ball. Your kid is a thief, a multiple-time thief at that. The President of the United States got your kid out of jail and sent back to the U.S. Get over yourself.

This situation confirms there’s a lot I don’t understand about what is newsworthy. I just don’t care about that family and don’t know why the sports world does. It should be on E not ESPN.