Wess Moore said

The search is on hold until Arkansas can do a sit down with Beard.

I confirmed with Wess that he said that.

I was told a story…I posted in another thread…that they were going to make Beard say no. I heard it was crazy money but that was before he made the final four.

Hmm. As Arte Johnson used to say on Laugh-In, veddy interesting. So if Wess is right, nothing will happen at least until Sunday, Tuesday if they make the final. Unless HY can wedge in a meeting Friday in Minneapolis, which is a possibility.

WOW, if true. That was my hope when this search began–that we would throw everything we could at Beard and make him say no to us before moving on.
As badly as I’m ready to wrap up this search, a shot at Beard is more than worth the wait. And, it’s not yet Final Four weekend and that’s a place where a lot of negotiating can be done.

Any timeline on when a sit down may occur?

After the FF I would imagine.

There’s absolutely no way until after his team loses or wins it all.

There’s no rush if you are shooting for the moon.

Apparently, there is a tug of war between the boosters and HY. They want to make Beard say no, and HY wants to make a hire.

That’s what I am hearing.

Side note. The UA jet is in Teterboro, NJ airport. That’s the main private jet airport for NYC. I think there is a basketball tourney going on there. Haha.

Agreed, but do you think there’s a threat that we’ll lose our second options like Musselman if we wait too long.

We’re getting Gus’d (again)

Beard is on another level now

Get Matta or Muss

Possibility, but not probability.

I doubt Hunter Yurachek would wait until after Texas Tech either wins or loses to talk to Chris Beard unless Beard had expressed a real interest in the job. So, if Wess Moore knows what he is talking about, we all just need to turn off the computer and get back to work. I am going over to Hogville to see if they have a rumor I like better. I see y’all in a couple of hours.

I doubt Hunter Yurachek would wait until after Texas Tech either wins or loses to talk to Chris Beard unless Beard had expressed a real interest in the job. So, if Wess Moore knows what he is talking about, we all just need to turn off the computer and get back to work. I am going over to Hogville to see if they have a rumor I like better. I see y’all in a couple of hours. :smiley:

That took 5 minutes…same rumor over there. Must be something to this.

While a sit down would have to wait, a decision from that side could be reached via the agent - which is how these things work anyway.

As I have said many time, the sit down - if it happens - only comes after everything is in place.

A friend just texted me a tweet about a press conference being set up at Bud Walton. Is that true?

So, the basketball coaching press conference that McPherson just tweeted about isn’t happening?

Gregg Marshall & Jamie Dixon are in NYC for the NIT Final Four (as are Shaka Smart & Casey Alexander).

The UA jet hasn’t flown in two weeks, maintenance.

I’m in no hurry just want them to get a person that can take us to the next level. Good things come to those who wait sometimes.

Has anything McPherson tweeted or said happened? I like McPherson, I follow him on twitter for recruiting, but man he’s been embarassing himself and his credibility the past couple of weeks, people are starting to really call him out on it.

Just off the top of my head this is what he’s missed on just in the last week and a half or so.

1. Mason Jones was a likely transfer… Mason Jones comes out on twitter and says he’s not transferring.
  2. He’s got several sources saying Reggie Chaney is likely to transfer… Reggie’s dad confirms he is not… McPherson holds to his sources that said he was considering it.
  3. He was on TV on Sunday night saying chances of Sampson being head coach here were 95%… next morning Houston media reports Sampson and Houston working on an extension.
  4. McPherson tweets he’s hearing Musselman is the guy and is on campus and press conference will be happening today… No press conference, Musselman was not here.
  5. Said sources were saying Musselman is bringing his son and 1 of his assistants to fill out his staff… Musselman was not even hired today or in Fayetteville.

Now I will say in his defense some of this stuff could come to fruition. Like the transfers if players don’t like the new coach. And I think Musselman is still in play, some people are even saying Sampson may still be in play since he hasn’t technically signed the extension, but as of right now, his sources are looking shakey at best.