Well

Doesn’t look like we will make it to be big dance. What now fans?

He gets next year on a warm seat needing NCAA berth.

Mike is a good man.
Never had a losing season.
He does things the right way, everyone else is cheating.
His players aren’t executing his game plan properly.

Next year.

Don’t worry Razorwill, this team is so close. Just wait until next year!

Shake hands and have both parties move on at the end of the year.

That would be a bad move. Coach A is the best coach we can hope for to lead this program. He will only get us to the Big Dance 38% of the time, but that is the best this program can hope for in today’s basketball.

You and mike have something in common.

I dread next year. Every SEC team we play has a big man about as good and a couple of times even better than Gafford. I think he’s gone after this year and we don’t have anyone to take his place. Therefore, the other teams are going to dominate the boards. Time after time after time it will be layups or rebounds and putbacks and we will be helpless to prevent it. Perhaps if we had more outside shooters, but Joe is only good 3 point shooter so he will closely guarded.

Until the NCAA enforces the rules about pay to play nothing is going to change. Either way we have our coach that does his business with integrity that’s it in a nutshell.

In terms of NET we aren’t out yet, but we have to win out to make sure we get in, which probably won’t happen.

It’s looking like winning the SEC tournament is the only way we’re going to make it to the tourney.

The pay for play is a cop out! You honestly think pay for play has just been going on in the last 10-15 years? It was going on in the late 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s and we were one of the top 15 programs in the country.

MA or whomever is the coach has to figure out a way to win.

But, I have no idea how anyone can look at the current state of affairs in college basketball and compare it to 30-40 years ago.

Everything about it is set up to cater to and maintain bluebloods’ status.

There is proof all over the country of just straight up 6 figure $ cheating.

That’s not a cop out. That’s the truth.

UNC was cheating big time. Nothing happened. Same for Louisville, Arizona, etc.

Now, as long as we are attempting to compete with them, we have to figure out a way to rebuild the program.

But, stating a fact isn’t a cop out.

[quote=“TheNotoriousPIG”]

I don’t dispute that cheating is going on right now. The point I was making is that it was going on back in the 80’s and 90’s as well.

[quote=“JBHogman48”]

And that’s true. But it’s apples and oranges. What’s going on now is beyond the pale and in many respects they aren’t even trying to hide it anymore because they know NCAA enforcement is a joke and will continue to be because the NCAA knows it has to maintain the status quo and not have the fallacy of amateurism come crashing down and kill their golden goose (the NCAAT).

Can we play consistently well enough game after game such that we can win the NIT? Would that be better at this point than making it to a one and done in the big dance?

Got my doubts as consistency eludes us,we can play top notch ball but we can’t do it for a complete game or even a half at times. WPS

[quote=“JBHogman48”]

The level of the cheating has never been more wild and Rouge. There aren’t many players out there for you to find that others teams already know about. The camps and AAU circuits have along with the internet have open it up to where there aren’t many hidden gems. Then throw in the shoe companies money and the agents trying to get their pockets packed by getting players to sign with them when they go pro.

I think this make SMU look like Boy Scouts!

So the cards are dealt… good coach (not great) and mediocre recruiting because all the blue bloods are cheating and unless you are willing to play the game you are out of the game. I’m not sure how long MA will be here but I do believe it won’t be longterm (much past eight years) if something doesn’t change. I can’t stand the fact we have finished the season once in the Top 25 under Mike but maybe there’s a lot more tolerance working on the Hill. Unless something dramatic happens recruiting wise with this team next year I don’t see us going deep into the NCAA’s or being ranked at season’s end and one of those two probably needs to happen.

Well…Baseball season starts today.

[quote=“TheNotoriousPIG”]

Difference between now and the 70’s-80’s era is how the money paper trails are handled. This day and age it’s all about straight greenbacks (cash) and ways to launder it through the system basically burying it along the way. Comes with strict instructions what, when, where to utilize the cash. Cash & Money are easier to hide than cars, houses, plane trips, etc. Acedemic fraud I think some schools use that more blatantly as a smoke screen when NCAA comes snooping around.
(But HC knows nothing about this-wink wink).
40 years ago, top recruits at the elite BB schools got cash handed direct to them via envelope &/or handshake, a new car from a local dealership, furnished apt, girls, designer cloths, etc. All coming from everyone but the coach (who knew nothing about it-wink wink).