Weird board dynamic. Haters unleashed...........

…by Bobby Petrino finally having some success at Louisville.

It is almost like the haters are desperate to finally get their shots in because the Razorback program appears to be solidifying in a way that leaves the haters with less and less to rant about. Malzahn is flaming out at Auburn so that rant is dead. Thankfully, for the wannabe haters, Bobby has taken Charlie Strong’s recruits and put together a very good team and it appears he may be able to use that to get out to a better program before his lame recruiting and more lame personality brings it all down around his ears. I guess ranting about “never should have fired him-lying about his mistress was no big deal” makes some sense now to them in a very morbid/sick way. The bizarre ranting that the Director of High School relations coach has some evil hold on the program that guarantees his sons will be the one and only QB’s until they graduate is just over reaching bigtime. If that is all you got you got nothing. Get a life people! That horse ain’t just dead, all of the meat rotted away off those bones long ago and you are just beating on the skeleton now. These bizarre rants are just dull and sad. It is like streaking. If everyone ignores them and they don’t get any recognition, it will all go away. Bye haters.

Well said. Let it go and support the great staff we have.

Thanks for saying what I have been thinking too.

Bobby has taken Charlie Strong’s recruits and put together a very good team and it appears he may be able to use that to get out to a better program before his lame recruiting and more lame personality brings it all down around his ears. TROOF

I guess ranting about “never should have fired him-lying about his mistress was no big deal” makes some sense now to them in a very morbid/sick way. TROOF

The BP lovers that are so full of hate for Long and CBB is very telling about the type of people the BP lovers are and what they value.

I love streakers…I lived in Colorado during its heyday…gosh that was an interesting six months.

It happened when the comments section on WHS articles was closed. I didn’t realize that there was basically a whole board of users who posted there. It seems that many of them are still carrying a torch for CBP. I admit that I was surprised by the level of adoration towards him (although that makes some sense), but even more so by the level of hate towards CBB and Jeff Long.

So, basically, your to blame for the morons “running amok*” on our board?!?!? Bad Marty! :smiley:

*Didn’t want the morons to be confused as to the point. See below morons:

Define Run amok at Dictionary.com - “run amok” = Also, run riot or wild. Behave in a frenzied, out-of-control, or unrestrained manner. For example, I was afraid that if I left the toddler alone she would run amok and have a hard time calming down, or The weeds are running riot in the lawn, or The children were running wild in the playground.

[attachment=0]tongue.gif[/attachment]

It is possible to be a fan of CBP’s coaching and believe that he was the best coach at the UA for a very long time and yet still support the current coach and program. I would imagine that there is a significant number of people that feel that way. There will obviously be trolls, but I have seen very little “hate” directed at CBB.

hog2009, I was referring to a few, albeit very few, posters who were railing against both Jeff Long and CBB. There was more hate directed at the AD than at Coach, but there was enough to go around.

Right on.

Petrino is an offensive genius and I am very proud of Jeff Long for not letting that stop him from firing Bobby. Guys like Bobby thrive where “anything goes and can be brushed under the carpet as long as you win” and he has found a good home, again, at Louisville. There are a few SEC programs that might hold their nose and take a chance on him but I am extremely proud we are not one of them. You have a right to disagree.

I do think that water is long gone under this bridge and focusing on that when the Hogs are doing so well makes no sense at all to me. JMVHO.

So…a whole board of users from WHS are a problem? Maybe a few were enamored with CBP, but most sane posters denounced that nonsense. You HI users got your way. I wonder how you would have liked it if YOU were forced to move to the disqus format. I’m tired of the derision directed at those of us from WHS. I’ve been paying for a subscription for around 10 years and now I get subjected to this. Ridiculous. CBB is building a program to be proud of. I wish I could say the same about our primary online media source.

And while I’m at it, are you in charge of this board??

I’ll correct my comment. I should have said “a few of them”. If you think that the HI posters were pleased with the move, you are somewhat mistaken. There was a lot of gnashing of teeth and severe unhappiness by several HI posters when the initial move happened. My comments were not intended to deride the users of the old system.

Colorado, the HI users didn’t get our way either, otherwise we would have a thread view as we did on the Scout board. This has been a change for everyone involved, WHS and HI users. When the change first took place, I thought it affected everything and everyone equally; but apparently not. If you wish to search for it, go to the last pages in the thread section and you will see many unhappy comments about the forum layout from the HI users.
It was explained back in July and August to us that the forum is this way to make it more mobile friendly. I would link to the threads, but I don’t have time to look for them, and haven’t figured out how to do links on this board yet.
As to who is in charge, Marty was a moderator on the old HI site and had been for years. She is a very knowledgeable sports fan, especially when it comes to the Razorbacks, and she was always fair when it came to dealing with some of us over there.

When you see how much JL cares about the student athlete and how much he does to try to get them everything they need, I don’t see how anyone could hate the guy. Disagree with some of his decisions? Sure. But he seems like an honestly good guy who works really hard at his job. I appreciate him up there.

And I really like CBB. I like what he’s building. And I think the players do too. I don’t think the players liked CBP very much.

Exactly…if I could have dinner with one I would choose BB. :wink:

Clay is in charge of this board but Marty puts a lot of time and energy into making it a terrific forum. Those of us that migrated from the old board appreciate and respect Marty. She is a hard working classy lady…

I’d like to nominate Hogmodo’s post as “Post of the Week” with strong consideration for “Post of the Month.” (I know we don’t have such awards, but still…)

When I finally realized how they cheated you guys out of commentary on the WHS articles as you had and then realized that you guys had no choice but to join us here, either on Hawg Lounge or on the pay sites, then I told the members here they were in for a treat. So far on the Lounge, I recognize you and Tawtam as more of the informative commentators on WHS, and I wonder where NCar123, or whatever his moniker is, is lurking?

My worst problem with this new setup is that unless you guys pay for the premium HI boards, I will have to begin reading Hawg Lounge to see your input. I am reluctant to do that because the Lounge has so much trash to filter through that is not allowed on the premium sites.

Keep posting, and consider the pay sites.

Trying to figure out how anybody is cheated out of commentary on the WHS articles? Let’s see, copy and paste the name of the article, click the new topic button, paste, and make your comment. :shock: