Weekend Rotation

Has there been any talk from the coaches about the state of Campbell’s recovery? Will he continue to be on a pitch count this weekend?

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018 … onfidence/

Sophomore Isaiah Campbell is scheduled to start Sunday’s series finale for the Razorbacks after a strong performance against South Carolina in his last outing.

Campbell (3-3) picked up the win by allowing 2 hits and 1 walk in 5 innings of a 3-0 Arkansas victory. The 6-4 right-hander dropped his ERA to 3.44 with the victory in the second game of a doubleheader.

“I think it was big for Isaiah mentally for him to go out and kind of pitch on a tough day to pitch,” Arkansas Coach Dave Van Horn said. “It was cold and windy. He saw what [Kacey] Murphy did and that gave him some confidence that ‘Hey, if I can throw the ball down in the zone and move it around a little bit, I can get them out, too.’”

Murphy took a perfect game into the seventh before allowing a single in the first game of the doubleheader.

“Hopefully he’ll just keep getting better, because we know when his stuff is on he’s pretty good,” Van Horn said of Campbell. “I’m still hoping his better days are in front of him here. Maybe he can be a guy that can really pick us up in the second half.”

Campbell is scheduled to face 6-1 right-hander Jacob Billingsley (2-2, 4.08 ERA) in the 1 p.m. game on Sunday.

I think his pitch count was somewhere in the neighborhood of 70-80 for the last game. He’s getting close to full strength, if he’s not already there.

Fantastic. I know he seemed to have much better control Saturday than the week before. Maybe the velocity will continue to return as well.
Its pretty impressive that we have won two straight series with a hobbled would-be #2 starter. If he can put together a quality start on Sunday we should be set up well to have a fresh bullpen when TTU comes to town next week.

100%chance of rain Sunday I expect us to play 2 Sat.

Good call. Maybe we can scratch out a couple of wins today and sleep in Sunday morning to get rested up to sweep TTU.