Weather for the Football opener in LR - All things considered . . .

Looks pretty good for an August evening. Should be in the upper 70’s by kickoff.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USAR0336:1:US

It has been unseasonably cool and rainy all August in Arkansas. The nights have been really nice.

Some weather projections have the remnants of Harvey moving into Arkansas next week. I hope they are wrong.

The latest forecast seems to indicate this will be the case. There is now a 70 percent chance of rain that night.

On KNWA this morning the updated model that were showing was forecasting up to '8 of rain in LR next Thursday. :shock:

IMHO…outside of like 24-48 hours, you cant’ trust the forecast. A week out? No way…pure guessing. The weather in LR next Thursday could be literally anything…except for snow I guess…LOL

I expect we will be catching some rain off of Hurricane Harvey in the near future. I wonder if it will be as early as next week. If so it could be a wet one.

The question isn’t whether Harvey would get here as early as next week. The question is whether Harvey would still be around. In most cases a hurricane comes ashore, moves inland and weakens fairly quickly, maybe 48 to 72 hours. They’re expecting Harvey to linger a lot longer than usual

It may not be just a wet one, it may be a shortened one. Lightning/thunder have a way of cutting short games, especially games that are out-of-hand, as most feel this one will be. That would be too bad for backup QBs who could use the live reps even if it’s against an inferior foe.

We’ve seen the remnants of some hurricanes linger around Arkansas for a few days. I would not be surprised if it’s still around late in the week given the slow course it is supposed to take across Texas and Louisiana.

Exactly. That slow course is what is different about Harvey. However although The Weather Channel is saying a 70% chance of rain next Thursday, the National Weather Service is only saying 20%

KATV in Little Rock has Todd Yakoubian, who is a weather expert, as one of their Meteorologists and right now they are predicting 80% for Thursday. it’s all speculative until about Monday or Tuesday

Wear rain gear and pull your boat!

I just saw a map produced by the National Hurricane Center with projected 7-Day rainfall totals related to Harvey. Little Rock is in the 2- to 4-inch zone, Fort Smith is in the 1-2 inch zone and Fayetteville is outside of that. Of course Little Rock is the only one of those that has a football game Thursday night. And as noted elsewhere in this thread a lot of things can change.

LOL . . . lots can change in 24 hours!

Just was curious what the long-range prediction was for the game, so took a look. Almost no sooner had I posted it than it took a dramatic turn.

We can only hope if flip-flops back to better weather by game time.

:?

From NWS Little Rock website updated today:

Thursday A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82.
Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69.

Thursday night in Little Rock looks to me like it will be gusty winds with maybe a little, but not significant, moisture.