We will find out about our offense

In the next two games on how good they are. Currently Auburn is ranked #18 in total Defense while Florida is #2 and LSU is #14. Some seem to think that we are on the softer side of the schedule but I see these next two games being very difficult for our offense. How life is in the SEC.

Even more impressive is that Florida is ranked #2 (3.9) in yards per play and LSU is ranked #5 (4.2) in yards per play.
Dan Enos will have his hands full.
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-fo … s-per-play

I’m curious if we are going to go after same game plan offensively or if we might finally see some more 1st/2nd down formations in the shotgun/pistol instead of the I. I like our game plan when we are as good as/better than the D line we’re facing but it just seems hardheaded when we know we’re not - ahead of time! How many hits does AA have to take running play action that O line can’t give him time. AA seems extremely at ease in shotgun/pistol where he can focus his eyes downfield. Thinking that it wouldn’t hurt to try this against FL. Let the pass set up the run. I know that hasn’t been our identity under BB but you have to be willing to adapt or suffer the consequences. Anyone else feel this way and is anyone else talking about it?

When comparing the Florida defense to those of Bama, A&M, Aub, and LSU, you have to take into consideration their strength of schedule. Per Sagarin’s ratings, FL’s SOS so far is 68th, while Bama is 11, A&M is 6, Aub is 19th, and LSU is 21 (Hogs are 8th). The only good team FL has played is Tenn. and they gave up 500 yards including 180 rushing yards.

Does FL have a good defense, sure. But the statistics say they their defense is not comparable to those 4 SECW teams. I sure hope that is correct come Nov 5th. If the Hogs recover mentally and physically from the fiasco at Auburn, I think they’ve got a great shot at home to beat Florida. The way LSU is playing their last few games, that could be a different story. We will probably have to play our best game of the year to beat LSU.

Excellent observation. With the sample size for all practical purposes somewhat small, using FL is not a good analogy as they have not played the same teams AL, aTm, and LSU have… I think FL may be vulnerable!!! (just like OM was) Regardless, we were a 4th & 4 away from losing the OM game…FL can be beat, BUT it will be tough and I just don’t know if we can do it!

[quote=“HogNDas”]

Excellent observation. With the sample size for all practical purposes somewhat small, using FL is not a good analogy as they have not played the same teams AL, aTm, and LSU have… I think FL may be vulnerable!!! (just like OM was) Regardless, we were a 4th & 4 away from losing the OM game…FL can be beat, BUT it will be tough and I just don’t know if we can do it!
[/quote]They have about 5 guys projected in the top 25 of their positions on defense according to at least one NFL draft board — and some projected ahead of Auburn defensive players that just whipped us. Do not fool yourself. Got to be a better team to beat them — and we can, but they have some better players on defense and they are for real.