We scored 30 on Bama................

…with no running game, trying to come from behind, and Austin running for his life. The offense is better now. I certainly think LSU’s defense can be as tough as Bama’s but I don’t think they are better, particularly coming off of a big game.

So, I think we score 31 on LSU.

Let’s assume that LSU regroups and focuses to try and do to us what we did to them last year at their place. Say Fournette is determined to not let us stifle him for the third season in a row. Even focused, their offense is not as good as Bama’s. Based on the Florida game, our defense is playing better than it did against Bama. I think they score 27.

Hogs win 31-27. JMVVVVVHO.

Austin was better, before he got so beaten up. Same with Sprinkle.

The running game is better, but if the precise passing game is missing, the offense won’t score much against LSU.

What was there against Florida was some precision in the screen game. The timing and precision in the delivery of those screen passing was a beautiful thing and a missing ingredient against the rush. If that’s now there, this is a much different Arkansas offense. That’s a pressure release that will slow down the rush. I think Austin is much healthier this week than he was against Florida.

Agree with you there. We need a good game from Austin to beat LSU. If an extra week of healing puts him back into his Bama passing precision we win. If he passes like he did against Florida in the first half, we lose.

[quote=“ClayHenry”]
What was there against Florida was some precision in the screen game. The timing and precision in the delivery of those screen passing was a beautiful thing and a missing ingredient against the rush. If that’s now there, this is a much different Arkansas offense. That’s a pressure release that will slow down the rush. I think Austin is much healthier this week than he was against Florida.
[/quote]Man, couldn’t agree more and if he continues to hit the RB’s in stride while he is under that much pressure ---- that is unstoppable. Most pro QB’s would be proud of those passes —Waist high and out in front, where they don’t need to turn around. It was impressive timing and great couple of passes.

It is a difficult throw, one of the toughest in the game. You have to time it perfect to draw in the rush and then get it over the rush and down to the back, in stride. Many QBs cannot execute that throw on a regular basis. It is one of the reasons that I love Austin Allen. He has a lot to his game.