We need to sweep Aggies,Ms State at Vandy next

I think this may be our last shot at creating some space between us and Mississippi State, who I figure is our real competition.

I think despite their record this is going to be a tough series, they have very solid pitching and very good power so they are dangerous in my opinion even though they don’t hit for a real high average,they have a puncher’s chance because our pitching has not been very dependable all year.Wicklander need to come out and set the tone for getting the sweep that I thank. we really need to give us a little space.

Youdaman I also see this weekend as a spot where the hogs can get some distance from the rest of the west. While a seeep would be great winning the series would be an accomplishment considering 3 games in 24 hours for the second weekend in a row. Last week the double header messed up the bullpen and this weekend is the same.
If Wicklander can go 5 or 6 innings it would be a huge lift. I’m hoping the hogs get a big lead and Kevin won’t have to pitch in game 1. That would set up game 2 and game 3 in a better situation for DVH to use the pen.

We’re at the Chickens next week, and they’ve been pretty good so far. I keep threatening to go to a Hog game at SoCar but it is about a 3:15 drive each way. Plus I need to be packing to move next weekend.

Anyway, creating some distance would be nice. Rebnecks host LSU next weekend; you keep thinking that they’ll start playing like an LSU team at some point but it hasn’t happened yet.

Just keep winning series and see what happens. If we take two out of three for every remaining series we’ll finish 21-9 which should be very close to where Vandy finishes and also should win the West.

LSU is starting to play better IMO,watched their game last night and their Friday night guy will be the best we’ve seen, 1.69 ERA, unhittable breaking ball that K 12,have always been able to hit, we will have our hands full I think. We somehow have to
get consistent pitching, if Palette and Wicklander pitch the way they did against Mississippi State we will be extremely hard to beat,but we never know what to expect and for that reason we are not seeing this team as great as they can be.

Not to mention that we are notoriously slow out of the gate against good pitching. We need to score early and often and not go thru 5 or 6 innings without scoring. It’s just as important to get into their bullpen as it is to protect ours. Although I’m sure we are deeper.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.