We made a good run for one of the top coaches in the nation.

We had to do it. It didn’t work out. Time to move on to Norvell, Morris, or Venables. Get it done!

That’s one way to view it… the other, more realistic view is that the AR athletic dept was held hostage by a rogue group of “supporters” because they saw an opportunity to put their agenda in front of the overall success of the program. They 1) fired a good AD, and 2) held up the hiring of a new coach because of their “fanboy” infatuation of Gus Malzhan.

I fully expect those “supporters” to move on to Auburn now that it’s been made clearly known that AR isn’t good enough for their “coach.” This has been horrific process that will set the Razorbacks back several years.

I am happy that we didn’t land Gus. But that does not prevent me from being irritated at the way he and Jimmy Sexton played us. The only thing he wanted from Arkansas was leverage to get a raise at Auburn, and that’s exactly what he did.

I’m sure Sexton, who also represents Mike Norvell, is working Memphis as hard as he can to get the same thing for Norvell. If he doesn’t get it, he’ll let his guy take our job. Maybe.

Wanna guess who represents Chad Morris? You got it.

Who represents Brohm and Kiffin?

So should we move away from MN and CM since they vis-à-vis Sexton are doing the same thing to us Malzahn did? Gee, where do we find a coach who will fire his agent and accept our first offer?

Ummm. Not really.

The Gus bus is a dishonorable man. He lets other people do his dirty work while he tries act like Saint Gus.

He was never coming here. He just wanted financial security at AU.

So he lets Springdale mafia think he wants to come and Sexton does his magic.

I don’t blame the Gus fans, they were just flat out lied to.

Fact is, if you’re trying to hire a coach in college football, you’re probably dealing with a Sexton client. Including Kiffin. And Hugh Freeze and Jim Mora Jr., so sometimes his people get fired too. And McElwain and Jimbo and Muschamp… Get the picture?

You make my point. I was just wondering since you were irate that GM/Sexton played us for more money, if you would prefer we only hire coaches not represented by agents like Sexton who do that as a matter of routine.

I’m just going to start taking the Notorius approach…

Mercy…

Yes!!!

Apparently, Auburn matched our offer. If they had not, I believe he would have come to Arkansas. All things being equal, staying with what he has built to a high level trumped starting over at Arkansas. If the money is equal, there is no doubt the Auburn program has more to offer than Arkansas has. We just have to make that less the case in the future. Let’s move on.

DON’T HAVE TO LIKE IT, BUT HE IS DOING HIS JOB WHICH IS TO GET THE BEST HE CAN FOR HIS CLIENTS. IF HE WAS MY AGENT, THAT IS WHAT I WOULD EXPECT HIM TO DO.

I for one do not believe Gus is one of the top coaches. let him play with the talent we can get and see what he does. He has no recruiting ties to this area.

If the rumors are correct, the money we offered him was huge. I doubt money was the final factor. I’m sure we drove up his price at AU. They might have matched it or even raised it, but I believe that was part of the game Sexton/GM were playing. This story that he’s been really unhappy there and his wife really wanted to come home are ringing very hollow right now.