We just made

To many mistakes against a good Auburn team. The most obvious was the fumble by KJ in the end zone that AU recovered for a touchdown. We never recovered after that.
Also I don’t know who made the decision but you don’t go go for 2 points with an entire quarter to play. Last week it made sense this week this week it made no stat all! It puts you behind the 8 ball rest of game.

2 Likes

Situational decision making was very questionable at times today.

3 Likes

Really head scratching that we almost always ran the ball on First Down. Auburn picked up on it quick and stuffed us time and again.

2 Likes

I agree with both comments. Well said!!
Youda what did you think of the online play?

Decisions made by players were also suspect!
The game reminded me of last year in so many ways. The hogs got screwed on the fumble by the refs and the replay both in Birmingham! old man Mo was on the Hogs sideline until the fumble and TD in the end zone by KJ!
At some freaking point it would be nice for the play on the field to be called fairly to include the replay booth!
Take the replay system and stick it!

2 Likes

Did Chuck really say there was no problem with KJ? Not sure what game he was watching.
KJ is young and still growing and will make poor decisions. It is understandable. Nix was famous for it.
But the coaching staff made tons of questionable decisions. Both coordinators need to rethink what they are doing. They were both poor today.
And if this team does not find a second cornerback and realize Brooks needs work in pass coverage then what we have seen the last three games will continue. Auburn was targeting Clark and Brooks over and over. And every game that is the theme, where is 17? He seems like a great kid and tries hard, but it is a game losing situation.
And don’t get me started in the o-line.
Sorry. I watched this game alone and needed to vent.

1 Like

I was not impressed at all. The offensive line gave us hardly any room to run inside which put a lot of pressure on the pass game and we just not equipped to pass the ball very well in this offense. Running the ball on first down every time is not helping. You let the defense attack you when that happens, you want them reacting to what you do and to do that you’re going to have to throw the ball on first down about half the time and catch them off guard that’s when you have a chance to make big plays

3 Likes

You and I agree on that sir! Love the hogs but a certian player was getting whipped somewhat regularly. I am sure that you noticed. The four man front resulted in only one sack as well. I don’t get get it.

1 Like

Sorry, we didn’t play well enough to win. It is what it is and we’re what we thought we going to be …. Hopefully a 6 and 6 program.

The four-man front slowed down the Run game but when you’re as bad as our secondary is it really doesn’t matter… just a matter of picking your poison

4 Likes

Too slow on the back end! Clark was over matched and there was no help! When it mattered he got flagged on a pass that was clearly in catchable! The offense needs to be dialed in for the hogs to win going forward! The walking wounded have once again shown up!

Briles needs to take this game and chew on it for a while. His play calling was horrible.

Need more talent and continue to coach up the players we currently have on the roster. We have what I believe to be a very good coaching staff and players who are giving 100% every game. Having said that we do not have a team that can play at the level you need to be at to be highly competitive in the Sec once they became banged up as they are right now. When this bunch was healthy we looked like we played twice as fast on both sides of the ball. Don’t think we will ever have a bunch with more heart than these guys have, but with the stretch we’re in right now you will be exposed if your hurt or worn down. Love to watch these guys play and hope we can continue to add more talent and continue to improve as a program from where these guys has elevated us to in the CSP era. WPS

2 Likes

Fair enough.

I made a comment last year to the effect “that as long as 17 is in the game, we are going to get beat”… I was pilloried for it…Karma is such a “bitch”!!

We were out coached. Plus talent isn’t there

Damn guys. This roster is very thin with sec talent. Your top two linebackers a corner and safety that started today all began as walk ons plus ridgeway can from IAA.

Offense started a RT that was a former walk-on with a walkon TE and WR in warren.

QB only offer for offense was us.

You see a theme here? We are fans and want all wins. Yes should’ve beat ole miss but they are pretty good. Today bo nix capitalized on our injuries and talent.

Have to continue to recruit. Briles was fine. Hope we don’t lose him to a better job this winter.

2 Likes

Yeah and some people will be glad that he’s gone and then bitch about next years OC!

1 Like

The biggest mistake on that series was not catching the punt. Nothing good happens when a punt is allowed to hit the ground. Fair catch it at the 30 and we don’t get sacked in the end zone.

3 Likes

Blaming one kid who arrived as a walk on for the loss is plain wrong.

4 Likes

Bballhawg, that’s the best post game post I’ve seen. Not catching punts bit us in the butt numerous times last year and it was HUGE today.

We can’t blame that on reffing and play calling.

1 Like