We could be OU, LSU, AU, Misstake, Mizzou, and KY

We won. It wasn’t pretty. We played a LOT of new players against a BOWL team.

Couldn’t agree more. Tech isn’t bad. Granted, we have lots of work to do, but everything I saw is correctable.

This team, specifically OL and QB play will improve dramatically as the year progresses and they all get game experience.

I’m not discouraged. I’m excited to see us face TCU.

Half the teams in the country would love to trade places with us today. One problem any one game, especially the first one, is drawing too many conclusions from it. Last year Toledo was a much better team than we appreciated when we lost to them, so we were all convinced we’d be lucky to win 3-4 games after that. LaTech might be a very good team, too. That said, we know more from seeing a game than from practices. The pass defense just isn’t as improved as we all hoped. It might be better than last year & might still improve significantly quite soon, but I don’t think many of us feel as optimistic today as we did yesterday before the K.O. And speaking of kickoffs–I’m still perplexed at why we’re so bad at them. The LaTech kicker put all but one (two?) well into the EZ. We allowed LaTech to start almost every drive around the 35 yd line. That’s giving up a lot of free yards.

I think you can look at it one of two ways.

1. Arkansas didn’t win by as much as everyone thought it should have. Those betting lines are anybody’s guess the first week and I think that is where a lot of the expectations come from. Obviously we all thought Arkansas would win by more than a point, but the 26-point line heightened expectations.

2. That game got the team ready for TCU and some of the other tough matchups down the road. I actually think the Razorbacks benefitted more from a game like that than they were hurt by it (would have thought different had they lost). Seeing the team pull out a fourth quarter game, coupled with TCU’s struggles last night, has me thinking Arkansas may win next weekend.