"We can't win games without players. We've got to go and get players."

He fired a good coach for an average coach that’s coaching in a soft mid major conference. The SEC will eat him live and recruiting will suffer big time, just watch, who knows him, this is bad

8 years 3 tournament appearances, Mike would’ve been fired at almost every SEC school before he made it to the 8th year. Wake up and smell the roses. We have the second most FF trips of any school in the SEC. We are easily a top 3 basketball school in the SEC. Its time we start acting, and producing like it. The mediocrity acceptance of being good enough had to end.

P.S. I like Mike and would’ve been ok with him having another year, but everything I just said is still just as true.

I am skeptical of the hire but outside of Beard and Sampson who would we not have been skeptical i wanted to keep Mike another year. Gotta hope we hired the right up and comer.

Unfortunately, I am woke and it’s not roses I smell, death is coming, players will leave. I’ll check back with you within a month or so to see how rosy that picture is working for you

Blah, blah, blah

We get it
This was going to be your response no matter who was hired
You love Mike
We get it

Everything that can be said has been said.
No need to repeat it from either side.

Wonder if Texas Tech fans were saying the same thing when they hired Beard and look at him now!!! IF, he is the new coach you are already indicating in your post he will fail because he is average! What he has done at Nevada in past 4 years from where that program was is NOT average! It took a ton of thinking outside the box, solid coaching, identifying solid talent and taking advantage of the transfer system. Listen, I loved MA and figured he had another year but in all honesty he was not improving us or moving us to a higher level and after 8 years at a program like ours that turned out to not be good for him.

Lol
This will be a fun bump

So dramatic.

If you call your ownself “woke” you are still asleep.

It’s like coming up with your own nickname.

He may be great, he may not, but you don’t know anymore than anybody else does.

Coach A was given a fair shot and got more of a lease than a lot of coaches would.

Great man, but 3 in 8 wasn’t what he wanted or the fans wanted - whether they wanted him sacked or not.

Up and comer? The guy coached in the NBA. Let’s not use that moniker.

[quote=“rollingwithmike”]

He fired a good coach for an average coach that’s coaching in a soft mid major conference. The SEC will eat him live and recruiting will suffer big time, just watch, who knows him, this is bad
[/quote. Razorback Fans need to support the Hogs no matter who the coach is

Thank you Dudley!

Then I’m very excited. My number one choice since about December. Great background, motivational and innovative coach. Reminds me of CCM, but with NBA head coaching experience.

Obviously we won’t know if it’s a good hire till prolly 2 years go by, but I’m VERY happy and optimistic. BEST case scenario, not named Chris Beard.

Do you know… the Muscle Man?

The muscle man?

The muscle man! He lives on Razorback Lane!

GHG

As it relates to to mike terminations really no more can be said, now as it relates to the replacement there still exists legitimate concerns, players will leave and that cocerns me as a fan

Every new coach in basketball or football that I have covered in my 38 years up here, has had someone leave or told someone to leave.

I don’t see Joe, Sills, Jones, Hill, Henderson, Chaney, Harris, Gabe O, Ali or Garland leaving.

I don’t know about Bailey or how close he is to graduating.

It’s clear Keyshawn Embery-Simpson was headed to Tulsa with the expected hiring of his AAU coach.

I’m not sure how you can have an absolute “players will leave” statement.

This captain obvious character who dubs himself rollingwithmike is a joke. Of course we have to have players! Your problem is that you think that’s all we need. You yourself have stated that coaches are overrated (which I wholeheartedly disagree with). If you are so big on getting top notch talent in here why are you so upset that MA is gone? I liked MA but he wasn’t bringing in that top talent that you speak of. Sure he has brought in a few and some of the guys on the current squad have potential. He did not do very well with player development and obviously couldn’t win enough with what he was bringing in. Back to Muss. Didn’t Nevada make if further than us this year? Was their team that much more talented than ours? Coaches matter in all of sports and it’s time you realize that. You are right…we do need better talent but to say that we will win on that alone is naive. I think Muss is a good coach. IF he can recruit then we will be in good shape.

I am with you Dudley, can’t say who will stay or leave, but what I can say is, I want whoever wants to accept the challenge of adjusting to a new program to stay. Otherwise, if one sees this as a deal they don’t want, then I wish them good luck wherever they go and say thanks for being a Razorback.

Attacking me personally or your feeble attempts reflects only on you. You have no clue to who you are conversing with, if you did you would apologize. It is clearly sad when people choose to be mean spirited with their comments

Those are unfair statements.

rollingwithmike:
Attacking me personally or your feeble attempts reflects only on you. You have no clue to who you are conversing with, if you did you would apologize. It is clearly sad when people choose to be mean spirited with their comments

[/quote]

Hello! I believe YOU did the same thing to me when you accused me of allowing Nolan Richardson to get fired in a post a few days back. You didn’t know who I was, or you might want to apologize to me! Can’t have it both ways.