We are holding off

I know there are reports out there about the AD, but we have spoken to some people who should know if an AD has been hired, and they don’t know.

That’s not to say the other reports are incorrect, but we’re holding off saying this has happened until we have confirmation that we trust.

Thanks, Matt.

I’m with Matt on that. It doesn’t pass the tests that I require from my training as a journalist.

We obviously need more like you and Matt.

https://twitter.com/KellyHinesTW/status/936355720475365377

It’s on Hogville, must be true

:roll:

:lol:

https://twitter.com/TomMurphyADG/status/936364113206358016

Thank you for refraining from ready-fire-aim journalism.

I just talked to a source close to the BOT and he says:

“The Chancellor has not made a decision. The search is ongoing. This was leaked by someone who did so for their own self-interest.”

Indeed! ready, fire, aim is actually fake journalism.

Not really. Going with unsubstantiated rumors is not good journalism, but it isn’t fake. Fake is just making stuff up. It may well turn out that today’s reports were correct, just premature.

247 has reported it and removed it

Does Jimmy Sexton represent AD’s?

Looks like he is wanting to show the BOT’s he is in charge. For us Razorback fans that may not be a good thing.

Not really. Going with unsubstantiated rumors is not good journalism, but it isn’t fake. Fake is just making stuff up. It may well turn out that today’s reports were correct, just premature
/quote]

maybe semantics… but imo an authentic journalist is one who diligently investigates, source checks, and is not primarily concerned with being first with the story at the expense of accuracy. If you are not that - you’re not an authentic journalist - ergo fake. Lots of fake journalists also put out fake news.

Making sure they have no “closet secrets”, particularly of a sexual harassment nature, has to be something that is being looked at. Good business practice to do your homework.

Don’t we have two search committees hired on this? How long does it take to get on a computer and do a background check, and make some phone calls verifying character?

How long was Matt Lauer doing his thing before anyone came out with it?
Also as an employer there is only so much information they are allowed to give out even in a firing situation. Getting the dirt on employees these days is not an easy thing. It is pretty much yes he is or is not working here and if not when he left. If you say more you are opening yourself up to a law suit.